Is there anyone with two visa overstays?

MichaelG

Registered
Hello all

I overstayed my visa last year, it hasn't made any difference when coming and going through the airport

My current 90 day visa expires in a couple of days, but I need to be here until the end of september. It seems such a waste of time to go to colonia but im paranoid about getting another overstay. I assume they must keep a record of it and at some x amount of overstays they start giving you trouble

Has anyone else got two overstays and has it made any difference?

I have 14 stamps from here overstayed countless times and once when leaving they didnt bother to stamp me out at all, you´re not paranoid, they are watching you.

I've overstayed the tourist visa twice. When I was leaving after the second expired, the immigrations officer thought it was my third time expired and he started to tell me I wouldn't be let in to the country for five years, but then realized it was only my second.

According to that particular immigrations officer in 2008, three expired tourist visa means not being allowed back into Argentina for five years.

But who knows, it always depends on who you get and for how much they're willing to be bribed.

Hop said:
I've overstayed the tourist visa twice. When I was leaving after the second expired, the immigrations officer thought it was my third time expired and he started to tell me I wouldn't be let in to the country for five years, but then realized it was only my second.

According to that particular immigrations officer in 2008, three expired tourist visa means not being allowed back into Argentina for five years.

But who knows, it always depends on who you get and for how much they're willing to be bribed.

Perhaps this is one origin of the "myth" or "rumor" of the "three strikes" rule.:confused:

If there ever is a real crackdown on perma-tourists it will probably happen without warning.:mad:

And it all might come at the whim of one woman?:eek:

Perma tourists???
In the USA they call them illegal immigrants. I love double standards.

Allright, i'm just gonna overstay again and risk it

will update you all

But i have to say, paying bribes isnt a problem for me, even paying like 500 pesos to some idiot airport worker i dont mind. Look at the history of argentina... Aristotle Onassis basically built his business here by bribing ever single person he met. It's how argentina has worked since 1920, and it wont change for YOU:, foreign whitey devil (their words, not mine, im whiter than casper the friendly ghost)

Complaining about bribes in argentina is like complaining about high rents in new york. Deal with it or die.

Michael you are lucky to have money enough to bribe and contribute to a corrupt system. You are also lucky you are not a Mexican perma-tourist in Arizona.

500 pesos is like 100 dollars these days...hardly makes me a millionaire dude...

I just adapt to the fact that im not in kansas anymore, toto

Should also say i have an ex mexican novia who is now illegal in the USA, so im not exactly against their cause

zingara said:
Perma tourists???
In the USA they call them illegal immigrants. I love double standards.

The expression "perma tourist" is a euphemism created by expats themselves.

These are the foreigners who are living in Argentina and are trying to "comply" with the law by continuously getting new 90 day visas (and spending time and money doing so).

Illegal immigrants in the US are there illegally (by definition) and they know it. That's why they run and hide from the authorities.

Perma tourists in Argentina willingly present themselves to the authorities every 90 days.

Where is the double standard?

Back