Is travel health insurance still required while in Arg?

Guille A

Registered
Hi all,

I am a US citizen currently visiting BsAs and have extended my trip for another month. Do I need to extend my travel insurance as well? I have medical insurance in the US. I thought I read somewhere that the restrictions for visiting Argentina have been removed. Please let me know what the current rules are.

Thanks,
Guille

cafeamericano

Registered
It looks like it’s still a requirement to have COVID-19 health insurance that covers hospitalization, quarantine, and/or medical transportation.

That is on the official government page where I always check before traveling. I don’t know to what extent they actually review the details of the policy though. I think I read others who said they just showed their US health insurance card and their were no questions. However, I’m not 100% sure on that. It could also depend on the immigration agent.

jblaze5779

Registered
You only need to have "health insurance" you don't need anything special like "travel health insurance"

dsp27

Registered
Hi all,

I am a US citizen currently visiting BsAs and have extended my trip for another month. Do I need to extend my travel insurance as well? I have medical insurance in the US. I thought I read somewhere that the restrictions for visiting Argentina have been removed. Please let me know what the current rules are.

Thanks,
Guille
no.

Frank2000

Registered
It looks like it’s still a requirement to have COVID-19 health insurance that covers hospitalization, quarantine, and/or medical transportation.

That is on the official government page where I always check before traveling. I don’t know to what extent they actually review the details of the policy though. I think I read others who said they just showed their US health insurance card and their were no questions. However, I’m not 100% sure on that. It could also depend on the immigration agent.
Can you please provide a link to the said official government page? Thanks