Italian Food

weltawelta

Registered
We have guests here from Toronto who wanted Italian food to take a break from the parillas. Took them to Eh! Santino on Baez in Las Canitas. While I can say the pasta was pretty good, the rest of the experience was terrible. I'm not one to complain as I like the fact the service is very casual, but I expect at least friendly and I don't expect people to try and add extra items to the bill and charge for more expensive items than I received. On top of that, the 10 peso per person cubierto is ridiculous. I wonder how this place is still open. And yes I did mention the overcharging and was met with a whatever attitude. I let it go, but it was one of the only times I've left barely anything for a tip. Anyone else been there? Or better yet, anyone else have places to avoid? I guess repeat business is not a concern.

Tell me if you know a good Italian restaurant please.

Feel free to contact Municipalidad de Buenos Aires, Defensoria del Turista for further info on how to make a complaint.

Bella Italia grill on Segui in Palermo Botanico. The third restaurant in the area....they also have a cafe and restaurant on nearby Arabe Siria.

Sotto Voce on Libertador in Recoleta.

My favorite place for pasta is Campo Dei Fiori...they have more than one location, my favorite is the one in Montserrat, I think it is the original location, not sure. But I took my parents to the one in Puerto Madero and also had a good experience. I think there is one in Las Canitas but I don't know what their service would be like.

Rule of thumb in Argentina for Italian food, stick to the upper rank eateries, the mid range and below establishments are usually awful. The best Italian restaurant in Argentina that I have found is Mario Fettuccine in Pilar.

Back