It's True! Argentines Need (Nearly) No Personal Space

mmoon

Registered
I clicked on this story this morning and was not shocked to learn that Argentines need less personal space than people in any other country surveyed. So it's not just me...although I'm totally used to it. Maybe even more or less chill, as the article describes locals in general. Well, maybe not when I'm checking in for my LAN flight and some family is practically pressed up next to me and blocking my luggage!
What do you all think? Anywhere else people are so up in your grill all the time? Are you into it or silently suffering?

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2017/03/heres-how-the-rest-of-the-world-defines-personal-space.html

I thought we were approaching Indian standards, but now I know it can-t get any worse than this. Good to know.

I haven't noticed it being any worse in Argentina than anywhere else I go, but maybe I'm more sensitive to it than many. I never understood why anyone would want to be up in someone else's space. The unwashed masses often truly are unwashed.

It's going to be interesting at the airport when this new low cost airline arrives in Argentina. Those easyjet and Ryanair clones bring out the worst in people, even among the queue-loving Brits. I can already visualize the crowding and shoving and pressing toward the counter as departure time gets closer and closer...

It's going to be interesting at the airport when this new low cost airline arrives in Argentina. Those easyjet and Ryanair clones bring out the worst in people, even among the queue-loving Brits. I can already visualize the crowding and shoving and pressing toward the counter as departure time gets closer and closer...
I just hope and pray these "cheap" flights dont run out of aeroparque or ezeiza

Back