IV Fluids

Luigi

Registered
Hi friends,

Does anybody know of a doctor or nurse that will come and administer IV fluids for dehydration? There are IV clinics in the USA, and it is really great if you need/want to get hydrated quickly. Looking for a way to get IV fluids at home. Anybody done this before?

Thanks!

Hi friends,

Does anybody know of a doctor or nurse that will come and administer IV fluids for dehydration? There are IV clinics in the USA, and it is really great if you need/want to get hydrated quickly. Looking for a way to get IV fluids at home. Anybody done this before?

Thanks!
Hi Luigi! I am awaiting my RN license. Why do you think you need IV fluids? If you suspect you have a severe dehydration I suggest you go to an emergency room. In Argentina doctors that do home visit will not administer IV fluids and nurses will not do it unless there is a medical prescription. In the meantime what you can do is get oral rehydration salts ( Sales de Rehidratacion Oral ) at any pharmacy. If you have symptoms such as blurred vision, not urinating, confusion, dizziness, rapid heartbeats, fast breathing do go to an emergency room asap. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Is self-administration a possibility? I was allowed to self-administer when I had one prescribed for a period of time. This was within the USA. They could direct me how to do it but I wasn't to allow anyone else that wasn't licensed. So couldn't have my spouse or a friend do it. Probably made my insurance company was happy not to send someone out.

Back