Jailbreaking Ipad?

nlaruccia

Registered
I've heard that the ipad 2nd generation wi-fi 3g will work on any network in Argentina? Is that true? Do I have to jailbreak it or unlock it to use here? Or can I buy a Claro or Movistar chip and simply insert it into the ipad? I'm an ipad newbie.

I'm speaking more from an iphone experience, but it should be about the same. If you're still in your native country and can find out if the ipad is locked to your current network, sometimes they will unlock it for you for a charge, otherwise you'll have to go the alternate route.
If it is locked to your current network, you can not simply purchase a Claro, Movistar or any other chip and have the device access that network. It will have to be "jailbroken". You may also need to cut down the Claro, Movistar SIM. The one I have is still the standard size and iirc the ipad uses microSIM.
If you discover that you'll need to cut the SIM, and you're still in your native country, purchase a cutter on ebay.

As far as i know ipads are unlocked. You can get the microchip at the argentine providers mobistar claro or personal.

I thought ipads were all unlocked? You shouldn't need to do anything. Everyone I know who's come down here with an iPad has just popped in a local sim

All Ipads are unlocked. Nothing needed but a regular full size SIM. At least on Personal 1 peso per day unlimited data on prepay.

Back