Jane's Addiction... for Movistar clients only?

MizzMarr

Registered
Hey All. I just found out that Jane's Addiction is coming here on March 31st, but that there are no tickets for sale, it's some Movistar rigged gig where you have to play their games to get tickets for free. Anybody have any insight on other ways to possibly get into this show? I don't think the ticket drawings start until the 18th. I hate these exclusionary corporate sponsored concerts here. :mad:

Yea, my sister-in-law is the marketing lady at Movistar who is overseeing all of this. My girlfriend and I are going with some friends, but we are Movistar client's. Don't know of any way to get in other than "playing their games".

Don't know what you hate so much about it. There are exclusive concerts all around the world. I see no problem in it as a way to increase brand loyalty, it's not like you are paying for the concert but aren't allowed to go :)

Personally we wouldn't be able to go if it wasn't exclusive and had won free tickets, as ticket prices for concerts are normally too high for our budget.

Sure there are "exclusive" concerts around the world, but exclusive and exclusionary aren't the same thing in my mind (of course we could always argue semantics, but in this case if we disagree, we can agree to). I can understand exclusive invites, private parties, and first come first serve selling out (bless those scalpers;)), but living in Buenos Aires has been the only place I have ever lived where I can't buy a concert ticket if I'm not a client of a particular bank or company. I feel like it's my right to dislike the practice! But I guess it's supply and demand, and so it goes. But I still hate it. :(

What!? You can NOT buy tickets to this concert, they are not selling tickets at all, no matter if you are a client or not. Movistar clients can win tickets, period. Nothing wrong with that

Again, I repeat, they are not excluding anyone from being able to buy tickets, etc. They are simply not selling tickets to this concert.

The only way I understand why anyone is angry about this is if they don't understand that.

Yes, I understand that, yet I still think it's lame. I'm not *angry* so much as disappointed. Again. Good for you to have the right service provider this time around.

I think what bothers me most about it is that it speaks to the band not thinking of their fans. When, for example, Regina Spektor came to Argentina her show was booked as a Santender Rio concert. She wasn't aware that tickets were only made available to Santender Rio clients. When she found out, she booked a second show that was available to the public to buy tickets. I doubt that Jane's Addiction even realizes that this show is exclusive to a certain companies clients. You'd hope that if they're coming all this way to play a show that they'd do the Movistar gig, and then a second gig for "the rest" of their fans and sell regular tickets. Oh well. As They Might Be Giants say, "If it wasn't for disappointment, I wouldn't have any appointment".

Back