Jazz Bar

NancyR

Registered
Hello to all. Any suggestions on a nice jazz bar for a Friday or Saturday night? Maybe we can organize and go as a group

Thanks
Nancy

Hey Nancy,

There is plenty of jazz in BsAs. Here are some of the best places in my opinion:

Thelonious Club (Palermo)
Notorious (Recoleta)
Virasoro (Palermo)
Jazz & Pop (Centro)
Cafe Vinilo (also has other genres, in Palermo)
Trastienda Club (not only jazz, San Telmo)

Also bunch of other places, but these are probably the most popular. You should be able to Google these and find schedules and more info. I know some new places have opened recently, but I haven't been in town since last year.

I second [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Notorious in Recoleta, great place![/background]

Somewhat related to the original question: is there a restaurant with live music (preferably, tango) where it would be advisable to go with kids? Thank you.

We should make it a night out for anyone interested ...next Saturday ...either Thelonious or Notorious....

Let me know and we can make reservations.

I dont know how late your kids stay up- but most live music here starts after ten, sometimes much after ten.

I think you could take your kids to CAFF- its pretty mellow, not exactly a "restaurant", though, although I think they serve some snacks.
Orquestra Fernadez Fierro is playing there on the third- they are really fun to watch. Also, depends on your kids, but I think Tonolec would be pretty kid friendly- they are modern folk/indio music, really great. They will be playing there on the 13th and the 19th.
Its in your neighborhood, not too far anyway, down Billinghurst near Cordoba.
Its very authentic- no busloads of tourists, no cheezy Carlos Gardel address signs in Filete for sale.

http://caff.com.ar/programacion

If you are ok with your kids being in a place where "things" are being smoked, you might consider Bomba de Tiempo, too- early, on Monday nights, its outside, there are stairs to nowhere and a huge outdoor/indoor factory for kids to run around in, ping pong tables, a thousand people dancing and having fun, and really great drum based music. Very entertaining. I know my kids would have loved it at most any age, and ignored the pot. Its like a disco amusement park...

http://www.ciudadculturalkonex.org/?page=inicio&subpage=evento&item=31_la_bomba_de_tiempo

hi

It sounds Sat the 29th is the night for Notoriuos then. Should we post something for anybody else who wants to join us later in the week?

no kids here, we can play till late :D

Back