Job Offer: Online Campaigner At Greenpeace

Thuraya

Registered

Hi all,

There's a fantastic job opportunity available for a native English speaker at Greenpeace Argentina, based in Chacarita.

The job includes a lot of writing, project management, and social media skills for a super cool, creative international campaign.

For the full description and to apply, click here: http://www.greenpeace.org/argentina/es/sobre-nosotros/Empleos/International-Online-Campaigns-Coordinator/

Any questions, feel free to ask!

This sounds like my dream job! Do you personally work there? If so, what are working conditions/the office environment like? Just applied, keeping everything crossed.

Heidi

Sorry to sound cynical, but it looks like even Greenpeace is cutting costs by hiring for an international position but only being willing to pay third-world wages for it. Why else would the position be based in Argentina? (Riddle me this!)

Maybe the cost of doing business is increasing?????
http://townhall.com/columnists/pauldriessen/2014/07/05/holding-greenpeace-accountable-n1859007/page/full

Hi everyone, happy to answer questions. Just a heads up though that recruitment is winding down, not sure if they're still considering new applications.

Heidi: Yes, I do work there, and this has been my position for the last 2.5 years. The Chacarita office is a friendly place in a fairly quiet neighborhood, people often get together for lunch or drinks after work. There's definitely a high professional standard and the work is challenging but very interesting. I've learned a ton, had lots of fun, and definitely developed as a professional.

Kiwita: Greenpeace has offices all over the world, including in Argentina. As an international organization there's a lot of international collaboration, for instance the Greenpeace Argentina office is really good at digital mobilization and thus leads on some international digital projects. This position is deeply involved in those projects and involves a lot of copywriting for international distribution, hence the need for a native English speaker. But yes, as it's based in Greenpeace Argentina, it pays a local salary, which comes with a work visa, DNI, great health coverage, and adjustments for inflation. It's not a question of sending someone to Argentina to do an international job, it's a question of Greenpeace Argentina's team offering value to the international community and needing a native speaker to help do it.

Hi Thuraya,

I applied but have not heard anything (I work for GP but at GP international) - could you please tell me what is going on with the recruitment because the job is still showing as available on the Greennet jobs page and normally with other GP jobs, you get a thank you email, even if you have been unsuccessful but I haven't hear anything... Thanks

Is this position still.open?
How many people are they looking for?
Could an esl person apply?

Thanks
Gabriela

Hi,

My name is Hadley Thayer and my email is: [email protected]
I am from San Francisco, California and I speak English, French, Spanish fluently. This sounds like a great opportunity; I can start work as soon as is convenient :)

Best!

Back