Job searching - one experience

Davidglen77

Registered
So I've started job hunting. I've been at it for about 2 weeks, have sent lots of resumes out, and have gotten some responses. I got hired by an english institute, they are friendly and have given me a few hours to start with, which allows me to keep searching for full time work. I have 2 other interviews scheduled for next week and I had one this week that I wanted to tell you all about and sometimes WHY we wonder sometimes Argentina has the labor laws that they do.

The advertisement was for "software trainer", excellent salary, great work environment. I sent my CV and got the following response back:
"Your CV is most impressive. Indeed, you seem to be a great fit for our company."

It says to call them to schedule an interview, which I do, I call them after 2PM as asked and went to interview with them the next day. I get there and the owner of the company is on the phone, but asks me to sit down. I wait and wait, and wait a good hour while he finishes his call, he speaks to me for about 1 minute, gets on a conference call with another client, 10, 20, 30 minutes go by and then he finishes, and says he has another conference call scheduled in 10 minutes, and could I come back tomorrow. So I leave, thinking I don't know how sane this place is, but I always give the benefit of the doubt to everybody. I get home and there is an e-mail from him stating how he was so sorry for not being able to interview him and to please call him to set up another time. I call him yesterday to ask what time I should come in. He says at 4PM. I get there, and there are people in his office, but I am asked to sit down. I wait about 30 minutes for them to finish their conversation, then he says he has an emergency that will only take 1 minute. So he disappears and leaves me sitting there for almost 15 minutes. Comes back sits down and asks me what my name is!! I tell him he finds my resume on his computer and says, hmmmm I don't know if you would be right for this position, do you know what our company does? I start to tell him what I read on their website, it's not a very well known company but their website is informative. He cuts me off and says you didn't come prepared for the interview and that "you should find a career that you are passionate about". At this point I just stopped talking and let him just go on and on about how great his company is, how they pay "excellent salaries for Argentina" which he said would be "around $7000 pesos however that is based on what the dollar does". He then tells me that the process works like this - you have to download the instructional manual for their system, which is about 500 pages, you have to study it on your own. Then whenever you feel ready, contact him and he will administer a "very difficult test that nobody passes" - then if you pass they pay you $60 pesos per hour for the 1st few months, then they officially hire you at the "excellent salary". I then thank him and get up to leave and he says "let me give you a tour" he takes me around the office and introduces me to the few people there and to each and everyone says "this is David, he is applying for the software trainer position". Then I say thanks again, he says call me when you are ready, and I leave.

I have never had such a display of unprofessionalism during a job interview and I've both interviewed and have been interviewed. I can't believe the nerve of this guy to advertise this as a job, have me come back twice make me wait hours for him and then it's really something that you have to spend a lot of time unpaid to prepare for and there is no guarantee of even being hired. Obviously a whack job and not someone I would ever consider working for.

Back