Just found an injured bird and need animal welfare group

ElLatingo

Registered
I just found an injured bird that I think has a broken wing. I grabbed a box and scooped up the bird, which is now safely ensconced in my apartment.

Does anyone know an animal welfare organization that might be able to help?

Thank you

You should probably be able to ask your local vet for a suggestion about what to do. I do know that there are some people in the city who take care of injured birds. A vet should be able to point you in the right direction.

va2ba said:
You should probably be able to ask your local vet for a suggestion about what to do. I do know that there are some people in the city who take care of injured birds. A vet should be able to point you in the right direction.

Unfortunately, I don't have a vet yet but I'll try the one near me. Thanks for the suggestion.

Just an update...after a circuitos route (one call that lead to another call that lead to another call, etc.) a vet called me back. He said that he can't swing by today but that I should call him tomorrow (uh oh, more calls) and he'll see what he can do.

Will post a follow up.

Thanks again for the help.

hey, it'd be easier if you just took him to the nearest vet shop, and cheaper too.

bebero said:
hey, it'd be easier if you just took him to the nearest vet shop, and cheaper too.

Unfortunately, it's not that easy; birds are considered to be a specialty, both here and in the U.S. (and probably a lot of other countries). Most clinics focus exclusively on dogs and birds. Sure enough, the vets I've called here about this say they don't handle "exóticos."

As for the money, as an animal lover I'm quite used to spending a share of my "disposable" income on their well being.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Back