Just joined: HOW TO GET DOLLARS from Uruguay?

ceamescarpenter

Registered
have citibank US account.. how can I get dollars.. take buque bus -- over to there? Is there a withdrawal limit per day? Etc.. etc.

buequebus is generally more expensive than the smaller boats like seacat and colonia express. It also takes longer.

Can't remember what the limit is so someone else can help you with the cash machine bit.

you're legally allowed to carry $10k into the country but anymore and your breaking the law! :eek:

Search the threads with tons of data.

The limit is the daily cash advance limit of your card. You must phone and warn your bank otherwise at the 3rd. withdrawl the card may be blocked. There is a $4 charge on the $300 transaction, plus your bank fees.

You can walk in the bank and request a rep for a cash advance, up to the limit of your CC, in one Transaction, the cost is 8% aprox.

You can also walk in the bank

scotttswan said:
you're legally allowed to carry $10k into the country but anymore and your breaking the law! :eek:
Not entirely accurate.
You're legally allowed to bring USD10k without declaring it.
Any more than that and you have to declare it and if it's considerably more then be prepared to prove its provenance - as long as you can do that you can bring as much as you like.

I do not need to get anywhere near 10k US.. but more than three hundred.

Anyone know Citibanks in Uruguay -- where I might go?

(THANK YOU - AGAIN & AGAIN - EVERYONE.)

I'm really broke!

Just learned from them that one can take out up to 1,000 dollars a day in uruguay, and there are two networks from which to use.. Banrd and red brou -- first commercial second state.. Might be a limit per transaction.. And seemingly minimal per transaction charge.. So nice. Wonderful is citibank!

ceamescarpenter said:

I'm really broke!

Citibank branch is in Montevideo, However some banks in URuguay do not make Cash Advances in USD via Window i.e. BBVA, only ATM $300 extractions in USD.
Good luck

ceamescarpenter said:

I'm really broke!

There is a citi bank near the shopping in motevideo, I got out some money there on friday.

Back