Kale Action Plan - Seeking Co-Conspirators

homeinbuenosaires

Registered
I have found kale. The problem is that one must order a minimum of 500 pesos of products. 1/2 kilo of kale (red or green) costs 39 pesos. No, it is not organic.

Here is a list of their products - they have all kinds of things that I haven't seen elsewhere and can't be arsed to grow, including tomatillos for salsa verde/ sprouts/ microgreens/ edible flowers. They emailed me a consumidor final price list that I am happy to share.

If anyone in Recoleta (near Las Heras/ Pueyrredón, preferably) wants to combine orders to reach the 500 peso limit, preferably regularly, please let me know. Deliveries are 3x/ week, and order must be placed between 9 - 12 the day before. The horrid part is that they deliver at 6am, but needs must.

According to this June 2015 article, Sueno Verde now distributes kale to restaurants and stores.

http://www.planetajoy.com/?Todo_sobre_el_kale%2C_el_supervegetal_del_momento_&page=ampliada&id=7753

October 1 is NATIONAL KALE DAY.

Is it true that Starbucks sells Kale smoothies?

So this is off topic but if anyone in Belgrano is interested in the sort of thing homeinbuenosaires proposed. I'd be good for at least 250 pesos a week

Kale is now available at Jumbo -- but like a lot of other things, you can't count on it being there every time

I found kale at the Organic Fair in San Isidro a couple months ago. The same fair was held recently in Palermo (I can't remember if at the gardens or the Hipodromo).
Anyway, you can order kale online from them, and it is organic:

http://www.talloverde.com/productos/listar/5 Scroll halfway and you will find: kale, kale morado, and kale negro - or a mix of the three. I suppose you are looking for the black one.

What's so cool about kale? I think I had kale maybe once in my life and it was in a soup amidst other 10 ingredients.

I've been getting organic kale from Tallo Verde for a while now. They have it at the feria in Palermo, but not at the one in Microcentro. They also sell it in a few shops, which is where I tend to get mine. The trouble is that the shop only gets one bag per time, which I invariably buy, so I am not sure if I want to divulge which shop it is.

I know that's a little evil, but thanks to my experiences last year with Kate101 from this forum I have finally learned to put myself first!

I am suspicious of "Organic" when I buy it in the States. In Argentina there is no certified "organic". What ever the hell "organic" means. [what a stupid name] Another pseudoscience name like intelligent design.

I am suspicious of "Organic" when I buy it in the States. In Argentina there is no certified "organic". What ever the hell "organic" means. [what a stupid name] Another pseudoscience name like intelligent design.

There is no universal legal standard for "organic" in the US, but some producers have their own. On one level, it's "consumer beware," though I have confidence in some outlets (such as Berkeley Bowl) when they label certain produce organic (though I only rarely choose to buy it).

Back