Knitting in BA

smflaher

Registered
Hey,

Does anyone know where I can find knitting/crochet needles in the city? I have been wanting to learn for a while now.. Also maybe some people would want to get together and knit.. like a knitting club! Although I realize I may be the only one who wants to knit in the summer...

thanks!

THE place to buy knitting supplies is at the corner of Av Scalabrini Ortiz and Av Cordoba, and few blocks on Av Scalabrini Ortiz towards Av Corrientes. You can buy knitting/crochet needles (agujas de tejer) at any merceria in your neighbourhood. There are stores that sell yarn (casas de lana) in most areas in town.

If you find out where to get the stuff, I'd gladly join a knitting club. I know ( or at least used to know) how to crochet and learned once how to knit. Nothing wrong with a few expats getting together to knit and drink wine, right? Let me know if something gets started!

Hi there. I have just recently taught myself to knit and would be really interested in joining a knitting club joined with a glass of wine ;-) Let me know if something gets started too!

In Buenos Aires I had only seen old ladies sitting at the casas de lanas knitting around a round table, where classes are given free of charge if you buy the yarn at the store twice or three times a week, usually in the middle of the afternoon.

There are nice magazines, like Para Ti Tejidos, or El Mundo de Tejer 2011 with nice models and explanations.... in Spanish.

There are plenty of websites with English explanations!!

Old ladies sat around a round table is good enough for me if a glass of wine is involved. If not im sure we could always start a club up for English based knitting. And why not encorporate some old spanish speaking ladies too they might teach us something!! ;-)

There is a yarn store at Avenida Scalabrini Ortiz between Avenida Las Heras and Cabello, in front of the street of a park. This is Palermo, near Plaza Italia and near Alto Palermo.

At the corner of Av Scalabrini Ortiz and Cabello you have an Starbuck, if it helps!!!

And you will learn new vocabulary and tips for sure, from an authentic portenia!!!

Back