Korean Food

There's a mini korea town out on linea E near Medalla Milagrosa in bajo flores, there's also a villa nearby so be vigilant if visiting.

They have a few places with some decent food.

If you are a little more adventurous and have the time, you can go to Floresta. There are a few authentic Korean places there. Some are traditional soup places, while a couple are the Korean BBQ. You can google for 싱글벙글 Singul Bongul Restaurant on Moron Street, and there are 2-3 others within the same couple blocks. You probably need a car or take the bus to get there. It is fairly safe (Korean guys are big ;-) but of course, always take your precautions. By the way, you can go there at "American" dinner hours and there will be food already as Koreans do eat earlier than Argentinians.

I´m not Korean but have lived in Asia and the SF Bay Area, and can say that these Korean places are pretty authentic.

Thanks for the tips. I have aspirations that korean BBQ made with argentine beef will be amazing. If anyone wants to make a trek out to flores, lets go! safety in numbers, right?

Otherwise just go to BBQ Town in Bario Chino. It's the only Korean restaurant in Bario Chino and it cuts the hassle of making the journey to Flores. It's a buffet, so go crazy! The spicy soup is ideal for a chilly or rainy day (which it was when I tried it).
https://www.facebook.com/BBQtown

I second Wongjohs suggestion. I have been to barrio koreano many times and there are some great restaurants, but the area is dodgy.

A safer option is to take the Linea A subte to Nazca and take a short walk to the Avenida Avellenada zone. The zone is really busy during the day but empties completely after 7pm and it is not a good idea to be wondering around after that. Lunchtime is ideal.

the food is authentic and very tasty. Cold beers and Soju are also available.
PM me if you need some suggestions about where exactly to eat.

Bo Sung on Avenida Carabobo in Flores. Excellent food and atmosphere. Go in a group, take a taxi there and back and enjoy!

Thanks for the tips. I have aspirations that korean BBQ made with argentine beef will be amazing. If anyone wants to make a trek out to flores, lets go! safety in numbers, right?
You will not be happy. [well, maybe...if like Argie pizza you might like the Korean food here, but it's pretty tame]

I have to disagree with you ghost. I am married to a korean, have eaten in korea and have eaten hundreds of times in korean restaurants here. The food is pretty authentic. The restaurants almost exclusively cater to korean customers so they serve the real deal. You dont get the variety here and the quality of restaurants vary, but you can be quite sure they are not serving fusion dishes.

In some of the korean almacens in flores you can buy bags of marinated beef for BBQ. A little pricey, but good.

If you really want to find a good korean BBQ beef restaurant, let me know(pm) and I will ask my relatives for a recommendation.

Whilst Barrio koreano may have better restaurants, you can still find plenty of good enough places around Nazca and Avellaneda...and if you come in the daytime and take the same basic precautions as you would anywhere in BA, there is very little need to be nervous about security.

Back