Kosher apts (+ food)

sgarlow

Registered
Can anyone recommend any kosher apartments or hotels? I'm trying to find accommodations for guests coming into town. (Similarly, would love to hear if anyone knows of good kosher restaurants).
Thanks.

I went to Villa Crespo and ate at a place called La Crespo at Thames 612. I would recommend their hot pastrami sandwich. That's all I've got.

If you go along Puereydon between Plaza Miserere and Santa Fe, it is one big Jewish zone. Every restaurant has been approved by a Gran Rebe and anyone there will be able to give you good advice, if you don´t find it here.

But one query. I thought I knew my Judaica preety well, but what makes a hotel kosher? (I will avoid the bad jokes.)

wreReynolds said:
but what makes a hotel kosher? (I will avoid the bad jokes.)

That is nice of you :)

Seriously, I'm guessing that what is meant is kosher breakfast or something along those lines.

What makes a hotel kosher?

- A nearby synagogue or kosher food establishment.
- The hotel, resort or lodging should offer a Kosher Food plan or have kosher kitchenettes so guest can prepare their own kosher food.
- The establishment must be "User Friendly" for the Shabbat ("Saturday") observant Jew. For example: If your door locks are electronic card types, the hotel should offer upon request a "Key" to the Shabbat observant traveler for Saturday use so they don't have to use the electronic card during Shabbat. Shabbat is observed from Friday at sundown till Saturday night.

Thanks all. In looking for a kosher apt, I meant someplace with kosher dishes (where someone who keeps kosher could cook for himself). If that doesn't exist (the one company I've found offering it doesn't seem to be responding to emails/calls) was wondering what options exist for kosher hotels (as described by sivan, thanks).

Have you tried contacting Chabad or Jabad as they say here. Im sure they would be happy to help. The only places i found online were the Hilton hotel which is miles away from anywhere or San Luis Suites. Not sure if that was the place you were referring to?

Thanks for the suggestion. Will do. San Luis Suites is the one we haven't been able to get in contact with.

Sivan is correct as far as mechanical locks are concerned; while I did not mention this, both hotels I mentioned in my PM (Hotel Abasto and San Luis Apartments) offer this. San Luis offers kosher dishes but no food; Hotel Abasto claims to offer kosher breakfast upon request. Both are within less than 5 minutes' walk of numerous synagogues.

San Luis Apartments is a much smaller establishment, and I'd imagine it would be far easier to catch them on a Monday.

Back