La Nacion Article On Packages From Abroad

joeschmoe1920

Registered
The line is now 3 hours instead of 6, but the process is still Kafkaesque. Enjoy: http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1902024-la-odisea-de-retirar-compras-del-exterior-en-la-aduana-largas-filas-y-mucha-burocracia

I can never get used to the loss Argentina incurs due to the senseless wasting of time by its citizens. Every 6-7 persons in these lines represent a full wage, completely lost (well, maybe a bit less with unemployment now).The loss of economic activity by just doing nothing all that time is much larger than the 10 pesos the sellos will bring in...

There must be huge piles of unclaimed stuff there, wonder how long it stays before it disappears. I just ordered something from the US and had it sent to friends in Chile instead, easier and faster.

Best way is to make 3 trips a year to US and get the stuff u desire.

And/or buy the stuff expats fleeing in terror (or disgust) can't (or don't want to) take back with them.
emo32.gif

I can never get used to the loss Argentina incurs due to the senseless wasting of time by its citizens. Every 6-7 persons in these lines represent a full wage, completely lost (well, maybe a bit less with unemployment now).The loss of economic activity by just doing nothing all that time is much larger than the 10 pesos the sellos will bring in...

Indeed and must cost an absolute fortune in taxpayers money to administer. Then again that's Argentina for you....I suppose someone got a job out of it. :rolleyes:

Back