Lack of seafood in Argentina

UK Man

Registered
Whilst it certainly holds no candle to Middlesbrough, the weather is better, the beef and wine are cheaper and one day when the daughter is in school full time I’ll be able play golf year round.

Yes it's not a bad place to be. I do miss the variety of fish and seafood available in the UK though.

Good job the weather is mostly dry and sunny as you can't rely on the forecast. Today was for only 6mm and so far we've had 50mm.

Yes it's not a bad place to be. I do miss the variety of fish and seafood available in the UK though.

Good job the weather is mostly dry and sunny as you can't rely on the forecast. Today was for only 6mm and so far we've had 50mm.
Yes, You can add the quality of the weather forecast to the list of shortcomings.
Lack of seafood is a bit of a strange one I suppose there’s just not a massive market for it so it gets exported. There must be a lot of seafood that gets landed on such a long coastline.

Yes, You can add the quality of the weather forecast to the list of shortcomings.
Lack of seafood is a bit of a strange one I suppose there’s just not a massive market for it so it gets exported. There must be a lot of seafood that gets landed on such a long coastline.

Yes it's bit of a strange one. My fishmongers display looks pretty pathetic....one massive pile of merluza and some awful looking breaded things. Fresh it most certainly isn't.

I have often thought of this myself. All that coastline, yet not a very prominent offering of fresh seafood.

Argentines don’t really care for fish or seafood. They are pretty content with their meat accompanied by some kind of brown or white starch.
Walked along the costanera the other day and every street stall was selling the same old meat sandwiches con papas - not a squid ring or crumbed gamba in sight, unlike say, Spain.

Argentines prefer beef, eaten almost raw and fresh off the cow. They disdain lesser things like pork, chicken, and of course anything that comes from the sea.

Where on Earth are you all living? When I was living in Belgrano there was a very decent fishmonger on the corner of Lacroze and Ciudad de la Paz, and whenever we feel safe visiting Chinatown here there's this of course:
Fish.jpg

Back