Lan Vs Aerolineas

Joew

Registered
Lan website booking process:
1. You are not Argentine - pay a little bit extra - fair enough.
2. Enter payment details.
3. Done!

Aerolineas website booking process:
1. You are not Argentine - pay 50% more.
2. Do not enter payment details. Instead, root around the page for a while wondering how to pay.
3. Realise you actually have to phone a number to pay within an allotted time or your seat is released.
4. Phone the number and be told - no - you can only pay at Ezieza or Jorge Newbury
5. Phone the number again minutes later and get told you can pay with a visa card.
6. Get phoned a week later and told - no - the payment didn't actually go through - re-give card details.
7. Get phoned a day later by someone saying to be from aerolineas and asking for my mothers maiden name.
8. Get phoned a week later and told - no - the payment didn't go through. Go to an office to pay.
9. Go to some aerolineas office in el centro and after 30 minutes of the woman at the desk phoning other departments in a state of confusion - make payment - receive tickets.
10. Done!!!!!
 

bradlyhale

Registered
I think Aerolineas is the worst airline I've ever had to deal with. You just listed to the process of payment! Hell, good luck if your flight even takes off when it's scheduled!

I love that an airline can cancel our flights and get away with NOT paying us the $150+ USD change fee.
 

tangobob

Registered
OK, you will see that from previous posts that I am not a fan of Aerolineas, but there is always a rider:
Aerolineas have a faultless safety record, check it out, they have never lost a passenger, not one im their history,
Now LAN; killed a few on th ground as well, I would rather wait a while for my plane than be early to meet my maker.
 

fifilafiloche

Registered
orwellian said:
Neither has Ryanair.
Untrue, Ryanair lost my brother in law somewhere between Marseilles and Marrakech a few month ago ;)
http://www.carhire4airports.com/travel/European_Travel_News/Who_dares_Ryanair/

My experience with AA was way more pleasant that with Air Comet. I booked online, didnt have to pay anything extra, was not delayed, was extremely well treated and paid 20% less than the spanish low cost company was offering with a one hour longer flight. Luggage weight was almost unlimited (2x32kg!).

Nobody should generalize based on one case, be it on the positive like on the negative side.
 

mini

Registered
fifilafiloche said:
Untrue, Ryanair lost my brother in law somewhere between Marseilles and Marrakech a few month ago ;)
http://www.carhire4airports.com/travel/European_Travel_News/Who_dares_Ryanair/

My experience with AA was way more pleasant that with Air Comet. I booked online, didnt have to pay anything extra, was not delayed, was extremely well treated and paid 20% less than the spanish low cost company was offering with a one hour longer flight. Luggage weight was almost unlimited (2x32kg!).

Nobody should generalize based on one case, be it on the positive like on the negative side.
They didn't lose him. They placed him there.
 

gouchobob

Registered
tangobob said:
OK, you will see that from previous posts that I am not a fan of Aerolineas, but there is always a rider:
Aerolineas have a faultless safety record, check it out, they have never lost a passenger, not one im their history,
Now LAN; killed a few on th ground as well, I would rather wait a while for my plane than be early to meet my maker.
Sorry, not quite correct.

http://www.airsafe.com/events/airlines/arg.htm

If they do the pilot training and maintenance like they sell tickets I would be very worried. But remember, now it's run by the government, with this crack management team in place we should all feel a lot safer.
 

tangobob

Registered
gouchobob said:
Sorry, not quite correct.

http://www.airsafe.com/events/airlines/arg.htm

If they do the pilot training and maintenance like they sell tickets I would be very worried. But remember, now it's run by the government, with this crack management team in place we should all feel a lot safer.
Just shows you can't belive everything you read on the net, one of our sources is wrong (looks like mine).
Still the appalling record of LAN is a matter of record, and I thought I was safe with Air France until the plane behind us dissapeared off the radar the end of May.:eek:
 

michal1047

Registered
Jeow....I used to work for an airline....Japan Air Lines for 28 years.....Now I pay for tickets....Living in Mexico part of the time and using mostly Mexicana....I totally know where you are coming from. Aerolineas does have this nasty habit of cancelling flights and over booking to the point you cannot get to your destination until you are scheduled to return. So I make it a point to never book them....

I have never booked Lan....and I understand their service is quite good...but these are Latin American Carriers....and like Mexicana they make up their own rules which change daily....So when I show up at the airport....I just stand their on the curb....look at the sign and think to myself.....qte
What are you going to do me today? unquote
The joys of travel ;)
Michael
 
Top