Laptop Needed ASAP!

damn that sucks bro.

try mercado libre, I dont think you will find any retail stores that will sell them cheaper.

I have a couple extra netbooks that you can borrow until you get your laptop but im guessing the keyboard is too small to do constant typing.

Lee said:
Well, my laptop finally bit the dust and I need to replace it fast

What's wrong with it?...can you give us some details

Lee said:
Tragic coffee spill...it is DEAD!

Well that sucks, caffeine is bad for you and deadly for the laptop.

Probably you are not tech enough to attempt to retrieve the keyboard and inspect the interior but there is the possibility to revive the sucker if you know what you are doing.

Did you try to see a serviceman to give an opinion?

Lee said:
I checked out the mercado libre site and I found the exact model that I am trying to replace. I have been able to confirm that the hard drive is working so I am thinking that if I bought the same model that I could just swap the hard drive and be good to go!

I am not sure how that site works however...can you clue me in?

Thanks!

You can swap the hard drive to any computer you wish, you don't necessarily need the same computer model, the only thing you need are the drivers for each device in the new computer, windows should be able to find and install most of them without any trouble, the rest, the device specific always can be found in the web.

It's pretty much like Ebay.

So all you have to do is agree on the price with the vendor. Then go and pick up the item, inspect it and pay for it.

Just make sure you inspect any item you do purchase.

Lee said:
I am not sure how that site works however...can you clue me in?

Thanks!

Lee said:
Tragic coffee spill...it is DEAD!

Try drying it out for a few days. Maybe take it apart (if you can put it back together!;)) and make absolutely sure it's dry before you give it power again. Same happened to mine a couple of years ago, except vino was my culprit. I was a couple of days out of commission, but once dry it worked again! Miracle of miracles. Good luck!

I have a question. Is it a myth or is it true? I have heard that if your phone, MP3, computer, or whatever gets wet you can put it in the oven at 100F and it will dry it out. Anybody ever tried that to know if it works? I had the same problem with an MP3 player one time and I did it and it worked but I don't know if I was just lucky or if it was actually effective.

Back