Laptop That Doesn't Have Windows 8 Single Language

sab15

Registered
Hi There,

I am searching for a laptop and all the main stores like Compumundo, Fravega, Garbarino sell their laptops with Windows 8 Single Language. This OS does not allow you to change the language of the OS to another language. I want to change it to English.

Does anyone know where I can get a new laptop with the regular Windows 8 or Windoes 8.1? This is very frustrating.

Also, you cannot upgrade for free from Windows 8 Single Language. I would have to buy a new OS and install it.

I called Microsoft here in BA and they told me I can contact manufacturers directly and have one made to my specifications. I am having a hard time locating these on the internet. Like Acer and Dell and Toshiba.

Can someone please help?

Thank you very much.

SAB

Another resource I found on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqQsQFabMUk&feature=youtu.be

Also who's bright idea was it to design this in the first place? What's next, Windows 9 Single Time Zone?

Another resource I found on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqQsQFabMUk&feature=youtu.be

Also who's bright idea was it to design this in the first place? What's next, Windows 9 Single Time Zone?

The ability to have the OS work in any language is relatively new, if I'm not mistaken it started life as an extra feature of Windows Vista/7 Ultimate edition (the really expensive one). Up till Windows XP, it wasn't even standard to have full language Support for reading / typing, let alone the interface.

So while Microsoft's hand has been forced by the full language support of competing operating systems, they seem to think they can still position it as an optional feature. That said, still the height of cheapo-ism to offer systems so crippled just to save what is probably literally a couple of dollars per machine.

Multi-language support in Windows has existed for many years, including in Windows XP.

From what I have been able to determine, you cannot upgrade this "single language" version to a multi-language version (or at least, not without a lot of time and risk that it won't work).

But you can obtain[sup]1[/sup] a copy of a different version of Windows 8 that supports multiple languages and install that, and use an activator to keep it running as a legitimate copy. For Windows 8, it's a bit tricky and comes with some potential risks.

If you don't absolutely have your heart set on Windows 8, you can obtain[sup]1[/sup] a copy of Windows 7 (which is supported by Microsoft until 2020) that supports multiple languages, and install that. Activating Windows 7 is much less tricky and nearly risk free.

[sup]1[/sup]How you obtain your copy of Windows depends on your moral code, your knowledge of where to obtain a copy of Windows, the fact that you're in Argentina, and your level of frustration with not being able to simply walk into a store and buy what you want.

If can't directly find what you're looking for, and you'd like more information on the alternatives, feel free to send me a message.

Multi-language support in Windows has existed for many years, including in Windows XP.

I think you're conflating support for reading/writing multiple languages - which indeed came with Windows XP, and which I suspect exists even in the "Single Language edition" - and changing the user interface to the language of your choice, which only came with Vista/7.

Love the obtain part though :)

"Does anyone know where I can get a new laptop with the regular Windows 8 or Windoes 8.1? This is very frustrating."

Welcome to Argentina, If you are looking for a new laptop there is a Gallery of stores on Florida between Lavalle and Tucuman, it is on the right if you are walking in the direction from Corrientes to Cordoba, that has at least 40 to 60 different stores selling all kinds of computers, laptops and components. The prices are reasonable for this country.

If you are looking for cheap copies of software you can go to Parque Rivadavia and ask the guys in the stalls near the Acoyte side of the park. I have no idea how they can sell all this new software so cheap but they tell me it is all legal. :)

Back