Latam Airlines Flights Within Arg. Susupended

PaulBee

Registered
The link should take you to an article on Yahoo.ca now, about LATAM Airlines flights being suspended
within Argentina, due to a labour dispute with an airport union:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/lan-airlines-suspends-domestic-international-flights-argentina-over-011100623.html

Yep, this is ongoing dispute between LAN and the Government (Intercargo) which handles all the airport services (baggage handling etc). From what I have heard and read, basically Intercargo (now in the hands of La Campora) have since decided they want more money than what was originally contracted (ie they want to break the contract) and are refusing to provide services until they are paid. Judges have already told Intercargo to get back to work, but surprisingly they dont listen.

The dispute stems from the fact that the government are money grabbing and that LAN is the main competitor of State-owned Aerolinea Argentina (also run by La Campora) so they are trying to hamstring it. Little do they care about the 3.000 Argentines that LAN employs.

I guess it supports the theory that monopolies are bad (think I read there are only 2 airlines in the country that have their own teams and dont need to use Intercargo, American Airlines and one other), the government should heed its own advice.

Another comedy show by the Ks.

Yep, this is ongoing dispute between LAN and the Government (Intercargo) which handles all the airport services (baggage handling etc). From what I have heard and read, basically Intercargo (now in the hands of La Campora) have since decided they want more money than what was originally contracted (ie they want to break the contract) and are refusing to provide services until they are paid. Judges have already told Intercargo to get back to work, but surprisingly they dont listen.

The dispute stems from the fact that the government are money grabbing and that LAN is the main competitor of State-owned Aerolinea Argentina (also run by La Campora) so they are trying to hamstring it. Little do they care about the 3.000 Argentines that LAN employs.

I guess it supports the theory that monopolies are bad (think I read there are only 2 airlines in the country that have their own teams and dont need to use Intercargo, American Airlines and one other), the government should heed its own advice.

Another comedy show by the Ks.

"Surprisingly," Cámpora doesn't listen? I'd say unsurprisingly.

When brought before a judge (in many countries), what Intercargo is attempting to do is called "extortion". It is a common practice of organized crime units.

Back