Latest influx of immigrants

CarverFan

Registered
Noticed a new batch of immigrants in my barrio lately. I'm a few blocks from Constitucion train station so not in the expat area. Just wondering where these people are from. Maybe Brazil? Any ideas?

Davidglen77 said:

the comments from some of the locals .. wow.
icon13.gif

If you dont know where they are from howzabout walking up and asking them ?

My boyfriend lives a few blocks from the station (and prefers it over his old hellhole of a place in Palermo, go figure), so I will have to tell him to be on the lookout for yummy Dominican restaurants opening up. As you can imagine, the food options around there are limited.

I myself lived a couple blocks north of Constitución in Monserrat for most of 2010, but did not notice any influx back then. Then again, I never took any scenic strolls around the station. Always interesting to watch how a city's demographics change.

As for the newspaper comments under that article, I remember a conversation I had with a college classmate years ago who went to work online for a pretty large city paper in the U.S. It was his job to monitor the comments sections. I asked him how he lived day in and day out reading such vitriol, and he said, "You have no idea. You should see the stuff we have to delete." :eek:

Back