Law Regarding Prepagas In Argentina

chris

Registered
It is my understanding that during the CFK administration Congress passed a law that prohibited health insurance companies from increasing (other than normal COL increases which affect everyone) health plans for people 66+
Is this correct?

My health insurance company has doubled my monthly rate to $13,000 pesos despite the law. A doctor friend thinks I will have to hire a lawyer to fight them. Any suggestions?

My health insurance company has doubled my monthly rate to $13,000 pesos despite the law. A doctor friend thinks I will have to hire a lawyer to fight them. Any suggestions?

Before you go to a lawyer, here you have a step by step guide with what to do in your situation:

http://www.protectora.org.ar/formularios-reclamos/formulario-de-reclamo-por-aumento-de-cuota-por-edad-por-empresa-de-medicina-prepaga/5424/

I have had great results with different complaints following these guides ;)

You can sue all the way to the Supreme ...!! How many years will it take for a resolution in your favour ..? You may recover the Legal fees? By that time the COL increase may be 100 % THE LAW :lol:
Good luck..!

You can sue all the way to the Supreme ...!! How many years will it take for a resolution in your favour ..? You may recover the Legal fees? By that time the COL increase may be 100 % THE LAW :lol:
Good luck..!

Then what do you suggest? The rate they are charging, in violation of the law, has doubled in one month. I simply can't afford it.

Check with other health providers maybe your rate its competitive ?, bet you OSDE and Aleman for over 66 may be around there.

If you apply to a new provider and you are 66+ they have to accept you , its the Law, but the rates are sky high to dissuade . OSDE requires a full battery of tests and then a Committee decides on Your individual rate. Preexisting ailments may be excluded..!

I see two choices ,

1- Go to a lesser provider like Pueyrredón Salud?
2- Go to the Public Health System, Cobertura Porteña de Salud

Check with other health providers maybe your rate its competitive ?, bet you OSDE and Aleman for over 66 may be around there.

If you apply to a new provider and you are 66+ they have to accept you , its the Law, but the rates are sky high to dissuade . OSDE requires a full battery of tests and then a Committee decides on Your individual rate. Preexisting ailments may be excluded..!

I see two choices ,

1- Go to a lesser provider like Pueyrredón Salud?
2- Go to the Public Health System, Cobertura Porteña de Salud

There is no sense going to another provider if the rates are sky high. I have more than twenty years in the current plan, so charging double is clearly ILLEGAL. If another provider HAS to take me, why does the current one NOT HAVE to follow the law regarding how much they can charge? It's the Law that they can not do what they are doing!

The Public Health system.....you mean places like Hospital Fernandez? Anyone can go there, right? There is nothing to sign up for and nothing to pay. You just wait for hours and hours and take the care they give you. Is this what you mean? Of course it is a last resort but first it seems sensible to fight for one's rights.

Good luck..!

Not necessarily.

I have seen many people suing medical insurance companies in Buenos Aires and always winning. Court is very fast in announcing decisions and usually favors the common man against the medical insurance company.

Back