Laws About Filming In Public, I Dont Want To Violate Laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbhenson

Registered
Im curious, Ive been filming everywhere and want to know, does anyone know where the statutes are for filming in public, in public buildings. I dont want to violate any laws here so, im asking for help with finding the statutes.

Im curious, Ive been filming everywhere and want to know, does anyone know where the statutes are for filming in public, in public buildings. I dont want to violate any laws here so, im asking for help with finding the statutes.

As long as you aren't wearing your CIA baseball hat, you should be fine.

As long as you aren't wearing your CIA baseball hat, you should be fine.

Why whats wrong with these? They work great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Lawmate-Wearable-Hat-Baseball-Cap-Camera-HT-10-PI-Covert-Hidden-Cam-/360360066892?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e7223f4c

Can you tell me where at in their code to find the laws. I want to read them but thought I might save time if someone could point me to the specific code.

Well, I've found this here PDF but it seems it's for commercial films/ads.

http://estatico.buenosaires.gov.ar/areas/espacio_publico/archivos/especial_filmaciones_junio_08.pdf

I heard from an acquaintance who once got into trouble with the cops for taking pictures of some buildings (can't remember which). It turns out they were just trying to get some dollars out of unsuspecting tourists. As far as I know, you can photograph anything without any problems with the law.

Well, I've found this here PDF but it seems it's for commercial films/ads.

http://estatico.buen...es_junio_08.pdf

I heard from an acquaintance who once got into trouble with the cops for taking pictures of some buildings (can't remember which). It turns out they were just trying to get some dollars out of unsuspecting tourists. As far as I know, you can photograph anything without any problems with the law.

Much Thanks Cecil,
It reads as though its more for a film crew. I was wondering if Argentina had laws like the US in some states where police city officials, make it illegal to film them. If you are inside a building or outside filming, i just want to make sure im not violating any of their laws by doing this. It would be a pain in the butt to be filming something and have to stop because some policeman, or other government official says i have to stop. Just thought id read the laws here too to make sure im in complete complaince with all filming laws. So far I havent seen any where its illegal, but I was wondering if I missed something.

Thanks again for replying though!

Not sure about on the street but any enclosed space can set their own guidelines. I've been told not to take pictures in Mall's before, in many government buildings you may be allowed to shoot photos but you have to get permission first, in others they will not allow any. Some will have signs and others the guards may tell you to stop.

It really depends on what you're filming for, if it's just for your memories then you'll have less issues, if you want to publish it in the future you probably need permission.

Either way I would expect that some guards will tell you to stop.

If you're occupying a public space, I'm guessing you could get moved around or away because of disruption (though that never seems to happen to piqueteros). One time I got interviewed for a TV program at the Jardín Botánico, and they had to ask advance permission from the people in charge there.

I'm sure if you talk to Montauk_Project you can find out everything you ever wanted to know on the subject, and then some.

Much thanks to the posters previously, these are all helpful comments and i appreciate them.

if you are speaking for a crew you need permits. if you are one guy with a little cam and a big ego nobody cares. film on Cecil B de Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back