Laws: Good for a laugh

yes, he did, but I won't be like him. It's not the way to live or help others.
I thought about it, for a long time, but decided to take the high road.
think of it like 'nuclear stalemate'. no one WANTS to pull the trigger; but having some leverage keeps things more balanced.

Reactions: ben
think of it like 'nuclear stalemate'. no one WANTS to pull the trigger; but having some leverage keeps things more balanced.

Coincido.
There is a fine line between taking the high road and being a sucker.
At the very least, the guy has to be aware you chose to take the high road.

My neighbor denounced me to public works for raising my sidewalk and fixing 2 inches on his property. They say I have to remove it! LOL

Knowing bureaucracy for what it is, you may deny there are changes to the pavement and the city planning would not be able tell. I would be heavily surprised if city planning has exact measurements about the height of the pavement.

Coincido.
There is a fine line between taking the high road and being a sucker.
At the very least, the guy has to be aware you chose to take the high road.

I informed him that I could have done the same to him, but choose not to. He lied to me and said he did not denounce me, he just asked a question. I then showed him a copy of his denouncement, let him read it, then walked away.

I informed him that I could have done the same to him, but choose not to. He lied to me and said he did not denounce me, he just asked a question. I then showed him a copy of his denouncement, let him read it, then walked away.

Excellent!
I'd only add (maybe you already did - and even if you didn't, never too late to add) that you choose not to for now.
Make explicit that you reserve the right to do so.

I'm reminded of this exchange from some Robert Ludlum paperback -
“By the way, I assume this conversation is priveleged.”​
“That goes without saying.”​
“It goes better with saying.”​

With these type of assholes, you can't be too direct.

Then, go ahead and take toongeorge's advice: you made no changes in the height, and that they are invited to see for themselves.
And if your neighbor keeps being a d**k, you may have to respond in kind.

Last edited:
Back