Lawyer recommendation for Argentina immigration?

Fiscal

Registered
I'd like to use a lawyer if possible to assist with all my immigration paperwork. Anyone have a recommendation?

Dr. Rubilar (aka Bajo_cero2) is a lawyer specializing in Argentine citizenship, not immigration and he recently made this clear in another thread.

@ Fiscal: I suggest you post any questions you have about the paperwork required by migraciones.

There are many members here with a great deal of experience and their answers may save you a lot of money.

In most cases, it shouldn't be necessary to hire a lawyer to get temporary or permanent residency.

I'd like to obtain residency through my newborn son here. Or alternatively through my Argentinian wife, whichever is easier. I don't have my US birth certificate, so I think I have to fly back to the U.S. and order a certified copy of one, apostilled. Based on my google research, that appears to be the only document I need from the U.S., other than my passport?

I'd like to obtain residency through my newborn son here. Or alternatively through my Argentinian wife, whichever is easier. I don't have my US birth certificate, so I think I have to fly back to the U.S. and order a certified copy of one, apostilled. Based on my google research, that appears to be the only document I need from the U.S., other than my passport?

I don't know what state you were born in, but I believe it's highly likely that you will be able to order a certified copy of your birth certificate on line from the office of the Secretary of State in which you were born and they should be able to perform the Apostille for Argentina as well.

I was born in Illinois did this on line from Argentina in 2006. I think I had to have it sent to a US address and that was thee case I had it sent to a friend in Chicago who then sent it to me (along with some other docs including my US criminal report).

If you apply for permanent residency in Argentina you may need a US criminal report from the FBI as well. Especially if you lived in the USA for even one year out of the last ten...and it appears (based on a recent post by another member) that means 365 days out of the last ten years combined!

As you have a son who was born in Argentina you "should" be eligible for Argentine citizenship straight away. It costs next to nothing compared to getting permanent residency and you shouldn't nee a lawyer for that, either!

Just go to the federal court that has jurisdiction over your domicile and ask what they need! At some point they may ask for an FBI report but not up front.

PS: And let your wife do the talking....

PS2: Congratulations to both of you on the birth of your son!

Thank you!

How do I order an FBI criminal background check on myself?

I use Celano and Associates. I am very pleased with them. They take care of everything and assist you every step of the process. And compared to what lawyers charge in the States, they are very reasonable.

I use Celano and Associates. I am very pleased with them. They take care of everything and assist you every step of the process. And compared to what lawyers charge in the States, they are very reasonable.

Gabriel Celano is excellent.

Gabriel Celano is excellent.

I also reccommend these guys, very professional and knowledgeable. And they don't try to scalp expat clients with extremely high fees, like some others who I won't mention .

That said, you really don't need a lawyer given your context.

Good luck!

:)

Back