Lawyer recommendation for Argentina immigration?

How do I order an FBI criminal background check on myself?

Click on the word "search" in the upper right corner of this page.

Enter "FBI report" (without the quotation marks) in the search box.

Search in titles only (leaving the "by member" space blank) and you will find many threads on the subject, including this one:

No Fbi Report - Perm Res Granted

You not only don't need a lawyer, you may not need an FBI report!!!

And if you apply for citizenship, you can bypass migraciones completely, though you will still need your birth certificate with the Apostille (which, as I previously indicated, you should be able to order on line).

Last edited:
Thanks. So I received my birth certificate as you suggested by ordering it online. Very easy.

Do I have it apostilled in the us or in Argentina?

Thanks. So I received my birth certificate as you suggested by ordering it online. Very easy.

You apostille a US birth certificate in the US State it came from. Contact the Secretary of State's office or google e.g. "apostille california birth certificate".

As I posted on March 4th:

I don't know what state you were born in, but I believe it's highly likely that you will be able to order a certified copy of your birth certificate on line from the office of the Secretary of State in which you were born and they should be able to perform the Apostille for Argentina as well.

Bajo_Cero hands down...! (even if we may disagree on CFK merits..:rolleyes:.) . But B.C. has been "used" by many Forum Members with success...!

PS: Bajo , save my Finders Fee..!

He doesn't do immigration.

Stand corrected , Dr. C. Rubilar only does Naturalization/Citizenship, not immigration...:p

Rubilar, Zhu & Asociados (Argentinian Citizenship)(阿根廷公民身份)(绿本)

Last edited:
In reply to this post on March 4th::

Thank you!

How do I order an FBI criminal background check on myself?

I posted this:

Click on the word "search" in the upper right corner of this page.

Enter "FBI report" (without the quotation marks) in the search box.

Search in titles only (leaving the "by member" space blank) and you will find many threads on the subject, including this one:

No Fbi Report - Perm Res Granted

You not only don't need a lawyer, you may not need an FBI report!!!

And if you apply for citizenship, you can bypass migraciones completely, though you will still need your birth certificate with the Apostille (which, as I previously indicated, you should be able to order on line).

I just checked the date of the post No Fbi Report - Perm Res Granted and saw that it was made in 2015.

Given the fact that everyone must now apply for residency on line, I imagine you will be required to submit an FBI report before you will be given a turn to go to migraciones in person. If that's the case and you haven't already requested one, please be sure that you also request the Apostille in the USA (for use in Argentina), just like the birth certificate.

Back