Lazaro Baez on the verge of being set free.

D.B. Cooper

Registered
This is really scandalous. Lazaro Baez is about to be set free from prison. He became a multimillionaire during the Kirchner's reign. He should be kept behind bars until he “spills the beans” and comes clean with the truth as to where all that money went. All the crooks and former “K“ aides are being let loose to walk. I guess that’s what happens when there are criminals running the country.

Last edited:
Opportunism. It’s what happens when most of the population is already in some form of home detention and most of the institutions are crippled. Come and get me.

Given what recently happened in Calafate to another public servant that became a multi millionaire overnight, I think we know what the real condition of his bail is. Go home to your fancy and nice house and stay in silence.

Most sickening is that their followers / pawns still believe they stand for something good no matter what depths they sink to or how obvious it is.

Baez has not been convicted of anything. It is a basic tenet of law that a person is entitled to the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

Baez has spent three years of "preventative detention" in prison. It is also a basic tenet of law that justice delayed is justice denied.

Now he has not been set free. He has been released to home arrest, with a GPS tracker locked around his ankle.

I understand that you gentlemen are strongly anti-K, and you are certainly entitled to your opinions. But basic respect for due process of law, and basic considerations of humane behaviour, must come before personal desire for political retribution. Think about the importance of precedent in law, and remember that if the rules are bent to convict a criminal today, those precedents may be used to convict an innocent man tomorrow.

You are right he has not been convicted of anything and the case has been dragged out a very long time. Care to share insights as to why that is?

Perhaps would also be good to hear your insights about how the guy went from owning 1 house and working as an employee in 2013 and by 2015 owned 1400 properties and vehicles with personal worth increasing to $3000 million and why preventative detention exists as part of the Argentine legal and judicial system in the first place?

Would also be interesting to hear your insights about what happened to Lourdes di Natale, Rodolfo Echegoyen, Alberto Nisman, Jorge Julio Lopez, Vittorio Gotti, Marcia Gonzalez, Leonardo Andrada, Aldo Ducler and even Carlos Menem Jr while they were waiting to testify or involved in a judicial process linked to the K. Obviously something is wrong with the system if you can't keep those with information relating to a case alive for long enough to share it.

Would also be interesting to hear your thoughts about the convicted and guilty ones like Boudou, now also wearing an ankle monitor warm and smug at home?

Lazaro Baez's neighbors staged a massive cacerolazo in the in the exclusive "barrio cerrado" he was planning to move to. He owes more than a million pesos in unpaid expensas. Now LB's lawyers say they will house him somewhere else, to avoid aggravation.

At the official rate, that is about $14K USD.
Soon enough!

But in all seriousness I think his net worth reached an estimated at US$260,000,000 more or less. Enough to buy a private jet anyway. Moral or the story, if you’re going to steal in this country, do it big so you can buy your own justice.

Lazaro Baez's neighbors staged a massive cacerolazo in the in the exclusive "barrio cerrado" he was planning to move to. He owes more than a million pesos in unpaid expensas. Now LB's lawyers say they will house him somewhere else, to avoid aggravation.
Kind amusing he claims not to be able to pay expenses or bail having amassed such wealth - or perhaps getting the check book out would just end up exposing illicit funds after the laundry broke down and “clean” money dried up. Let’s see who puts up his bail and pays his accommodation.

The neighbors are furious because they have to keep paying for LB's trash removal and security, even though he doesn't pay expenses. What a prince....!

Last edited:
Three years does seem like an excessive amount of time to be waiting for a trial to conclude. Is it normal not to grant bail for these type of cases? I assume he is pretty high risk for fleeing the country. How long do these type of cases usually take?

Redpossum, I agree that the accused deserve the presumption of innocence, but sometimes (like in this case) it is hard to maintain that presumption. Frankly I'm more concerned about the rights of the petty criminal than a jet setting millionaire whose alleged crimes diverted money away from starving children, underfunded schools and hospitals to pay for Rolex watches, luxury cars, jets, and properties around the world.

Back