Learning Spanish

ariellejoy

Registered
Hellooo,
I just moved to Buenos Aires from the US, I need to brush up on my Spanish skills and I am looking for some advice on either good Spanish classes, private spanish lessons, maybe language exchanges? im looking for something affordable and available asap!!!

Affordable and available?

Start talking with people who live in the building, neighborhood, etc. There's nothing like conversation for good listening and speaking practice. You'll have to do this on a daily basis to survive.

Based on your name, you are a woman. I would suggest showing up at the nearest watering hole, smiling, and stating in your best gringo accent "yow now hablow espanol." Plenty of local gentlemen will be lining up to offer free lessons.

If you send me a private message I can get you in contact with a Spanish professor in the Palermo area who I used to take conversation lessons with. Speaking and listening one the street is great, but if no one corrects you then you'll start to internalize some bad speaking habits. I used to take one lesson a week for an hour and a half. It's good for forcing you to speak and helps to correct some of those nasty speaking habits you begin to accumulate when left uncorrected.

Don't waste your time with group classes or whatever. Just get in contact with Adriana Crom, a private, affordable, amazing tutor who teaches out of her apartment in Recoleta. If you search this forum, you will find her contact information and dozens of expats who highly recommend her.

Back