LEATHER

HenryNisental

Registered
I noticed that there are many shops of leather in Av Boedo 1200-1400.
It includes leather, tools, adhesives, machines, accesories,etc; for artisans, manufacturers,etc

T
I noticed that there are many shops of leather in Av Boedo 1200-1400.
It includes leather, tools, adhesives, machines, accesories,etc; for artisans, manufacturers,etc

Those are usually the providers for shoe-repair stores. Several years ago, I remember buying some nice and colorful pieces which I used as rugs.

this is the neighborhood where shoe makers buy their materials. I have visited some of these stores with a friend who designs and makes her own line of shoes- all of the parts you need to make shoes are there, and unlike in the USA, or China, you can buy the materials to make ONE pair of shoes- From China, you often need to order in shipping container lots.
Also, there are many small shoe manufacturers who have posted their contact info or are well known at these stores- I have known several argentine designers who have small lots of shoes made from these small factories- say, 4 designs, a dozen pairs each, for the spring collection for a single store. This is simply not possible pretty much anywhere else in the world. Even in Italy, the minimum orders, and minimum costs, are much much higher than the minimums in Argentina- hence it is very common for a small store to sell totally unique shoes.

Back