Leaving Argentina To Canada Penalty?

rockinkaj

Registered
Hi all.. I do not know if this is the right place to post this..
I have a question if someone could be so kind to answer..
I am a Canadian woman, living and married to an argentine for the last 4 years..
I want to leave and return to Canada for good..
I did not manage to get my residence while being married here..
It was just too complicated..There was ALWAYS something else...
Documents had to be sent to Canada and back.. then I had to renew my birth certificate.. blah blah blah..
Anyhow. It kinda just got put on hold and ..well I do not have DNI.. or permanent residence for that matter...
So my question is .. When I leave Argentina, will I pay a penalty? Even if I was/am married here for 4 yrs to an argentine?
Thank you in advance..
Kat.

Yes. 600 pesos. Taken care of in 5 minutes at the airport.

You will probably just have to pay the tourist penalty, but if you have a copy of your marriage license and a photocopy of your husband's DNI to show the relation you might be able to get out of it -- did you start the process at all? If so they should have given you a receipt to say it was in process, and you could show that. But otherwise they will make you pay the tourist overstay fine, not sure how much it is.

You DO NOT have to pay the overstay fee/fine/penalty when you leave!!!!

Just say no.
emo32.gif

You DO NOT have to pay the overstay fee/fine/penalty when you leave!!!!

Just say no.
emo32.gif

That's true I suppose although she would need to pay it if she ever needs to return to Argentina. But Steve is right - you don't need to pay it at the airport before leaving but you MUST pay it online before you return to Argentina if you ever decide to do so.

(Ceviche - what's with the hostility to someone who is posting for the first time?)

You do not have to pay if you never plan on returning. But it sounds like you have some complex issues to resolve re a marriage.

That's true I suppose although she would need to pay it if she ever needs to return to Argentina. But Steve is right - you don't need to pay it at the airport before leaving but you MUST pay it online before you return to Argentina if you ever decide to do so.

Based on other (recent) posts, it can also be paid in person upon return, but ONLY by credit card.

You do not have to pay if you never plan on returning. But it sounds like you have some complex issues to resolve re a marriage.
Haha yup.. getting Divorced now... Yes I did have to pay.. Thank you all so much for help..

Back