Leaving With Children At Ezezia

prettejohn

Registered
As foreign residents in Argentina we have obtained our 'Autorizacion de Viaje' in order to leave the country with our children which basically stipulates that they're our children. We obtained this from the Notarios. Apparently we need this in order to fly out of the country.

My question is, do we also need the apostilled, translated birth certificates at the airport too?

Thank you

You will need to show their birth certificates at the airport along with passports. You don't need the authorization to travel if you are flying together with the other parent just as an FYI. But never bad to have.

We have always needed my son's passport and apostilled birth certificate when leaving as a family (asked for our marriage certificate once too!) and apostilled birth certificate along with authorization to travel when I've traveled alone with him.

It's also a good idea to take a libreta de matrimonio and marriage certificate if you are married to an Argentine. Take everything you can just in case. Could also come in handy if you get caught up in customs in the U.S (as proof).

It's also a good idea to take a libreta de matrimonio and marriage certificate if you are married to an Argentine. Take everything you can just in case. Could also come in handy if you get caught up in customs in the U.S (as proof).

After living here for 8 years I've learned that there is often a difference between 1) what is required "by law" and 2) what is required "when you get there." my general rule is double whatever I think I'll need. I go with extra copies, often notarized, of every form that could be relevant. It's a total PIA but not as big of a PIA as being denied boarding at the airport.

Life here is exactly like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPFChTmlzCg

This was more than 20 years ago, but my Argentine wife and I often entered or left Ezeiza individually with our very young daughter, and had no problems. We always did so with our US passports. For what it's worth, nobody ever asked us any questions whatsoever.

After living here for 8 years I've learned that there is often a difference between 1) what is required "by law" and 2) what is required "when you get there." my general rule is double whatever I think I'll need. I go with extra copies, often notarized, of every form that could be relevant. It's a total PIA but not as big of a PIA as being denied boarding at the airport.

Life here is exactly like this...

https://www.youtube....h?v=lPFChTmlzCg

Well, that was cute.

That was the best single video I have ever seen on life in BA! GS how did you find it? Thanks so much for sharing!

Back