Legal Translation

pndora13

Registered
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
3
Likes
0
I need to get a legal translation of a few documents (birth certificate, etc) and was wondering if anyone knew where I could go to get this done. I already have an apostille for them but now just need the official translation. Does it need to be a school of translators approved translator? If so, does anyone have the name or address of any places?

Thanks!!
 

igor

Administrator
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
637
Likes
110
Colegio de Traductores Publicos maintains database of licensed translators. Their website is currently down, but you can stop by at their building at Av. Corrientes 1834 (& Callao). They used to have binders with contact information of all people who are members of the colegio. May be nowdays everything is computerized. Their phone is 4373-7173.
 

cujodu

Registered
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
157
Likes
22
Ramiro Diaz - ramiro72@gmail.com
Does good work at very reasonable prices, we are having a ton of technical documents translated by him for an Australian visa. He does English-Spanish or Spanish-English, maybe others.
 

steveinbsas

Registered
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
9,777
Likes
5,806
igor said:
Colegio de Traductores Publicos maintains database of licensed translators. Their website is currently down, but you can stop by at their building at Av. Corrientes 1834 (& Callao). They used to have binders with contact information of all people who are members of the colegio. May be nowdays everything is computerized. Their phone is 4373-7173.


The site is up today: http://www.traductores.org.ar/nuevo/home/home_en/index.php. Be sure to click on the Union Jack to get the English version. It's usually possible to find a translator close to where you are. Just click on the box "Necisita un traductor publico?" just below the date and search.
 

Popper

Registered
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
130
Likes
18
I'm curious if anyone has a translator they would recommend. I found a translator who quoted me around 850 to translate my Birth Cert, FBI Criminal Records report and total passport (plus 40 pesos for each to be certified). I have no idea what a translator costs and wanted to get an idea if that's a decent price.

Thank you!
 

KatharineAnn

Registered
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
212
Likes
52
Popper said:
I'm curious if anyone has a translator they would recommend. I found a translator who quoted me around 850 to translate my Birth Cert, FBI Criminal Records report and total passport (plus 40 pesos for each to be certified). I have no idea what a translator costs and wanted to get an idea if that's a decent price.

Thank you!


Maybe I am wrong, but that sounds very expensive. I got my birth cert translated for 70, and a couple diplomas and transcripts also for 70 pesos each. Isn´t your FBI criminal records report only 1 page long? If so, that shouldn´t cost you more than 100 pesos either. Maybe your passport is more expensive because it is many pages, but usually passports only have 3 or 4 pages of actual text, and your stamps shouldn´t be more than 7 words per stamp :confused: Sorry if I´m wrong but an average price per ´foja´ (sheet) is 100 pesos, and if you look around you can probably find as low as 70 per foja.
 

steveinbsas

Registered
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
9,777
Likes
5,806
Last year I paid about $190 pesos to have my new passport translated and legalized.
 

Popper

Registered
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
130
Likes
18
Thank you both - steveinbsas, do you have any contact info for the translator that you used?
 

mochilera

Registered
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
28
Likes
9
Last year I was looking for official translator for some docs and in the Colegio de Traductores they have a long not updated database that didn't help me so much, besides the crazy rates they all want for a single page, however I found this girl Rosa that lives in Provincia and she was very helpful, proactive person, reliable (and also the cheapest one). I really recommend her, she was very sweet and one of the fews that you see they want to work and like their work. She came to Capital to meet me to get the originals because you need them for the translation and I paid her with a bank transfer after she finished her work.

Her email address is rml_traduc@yahoo.com.ar

Good luck!
 

steveinbsas

Registered
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
9,777
Likes
5,806
Popper said:
Thank you both - steveinbsas, do you have any contact info for the translator that you used?


Yes, are you in or near Recoleta?

Helena Busto

Santa Fe 1600

4811-3844
 
Top