Legitimate American Restaurants

aholm

Registered
Any legitimate American restaurants in Buenos Aires, apart from Kansas (not saying it's not, just want to know of other options)?

I'm talking biscuits, cornbread, mashed potatoes and gravy.

(What can I say, I grew up in the South :p )

Please, please no one say KFC.

Any legitimate American restaurants in Buenos Aires, apart from Kansas (not saying it's not, just want to know of other options)?

I'm talking biscuits, cornbread, mashed potatoes and gravy.

(What can I say, I grew up in the South :p )

Please, please no one say KFC.

Tell me when you find a Canadian restaurant.

I've not tried these places but there are TGIFridays and Hard Rock Cafe here which may have something as close to legitimate US food without going the fast food route.

I'd rather route you to NOLA and other restaurants that you can pick off this blog: pickupthefork dot com. Most I've found that she rates as good/great are spot on. I've also heard Magdalena's Party has a US style breakfast/brunch, but I can't attest to this first hand.

My favorites: Fukuro Noodle Bar, Ninina Bakery, Malvon, A'Manger, Granomadre, Bocca Al Lupo, Birkin, Burger Joint, Cocu, Real Revolución, Siamo Nel Forno, Green Bamboo...I'll stop there

My favorites: Fukuro Noodle Bar, Ninina Bakery, Malvon, A'Manger, Granomadre, Bocca Al Lupo, Birkin, Burger Joint, Cocu, Real Revolución, Siamo Nel Forno, Green Bamboo...I'll stop there

These to start. And then people complain of Argentine food. There are millions of places where you can go and eat well.

One good thing is I've started learning to cook the food I'd go out to a restaurant to buy. I just miss Southern cooking. I love Argentinean food, and I eat 99.99% Argentinean food. But sometimes there's nothing like buttermilk biscuits and gravy, or sweet tea. :p

These to start. And then people complain of Argentine food. There are millions of places where you can go and eat well.

There are millions of Argentines, but not millions of places to eat well (though there's plenty of really good food in Buenos Aires, if you can afford it).

Back