Let's Start An Argentine (And Latam And Spanish) Movie Club

I'm interested in participating in a movie club?

• Yes, I'll join a movie club.

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No, I'm not interested

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Joe

Registered
The idea is to enjoy an Argentine movie whilst improving our Spanish (for those of us still learning).

We can have a poll to select a movie and then after a week or two discuss the movie online (and maybe occasionally over a Fugazzeta). The movie would need to be available online, in a torrent or other and with subtitles.

20120909192334-cine-argentino.jpg

A surprisingly good idea Joey boy. I'd definitely be up for participating.

As an aside, I joined a DVD 'club' here as they're called. Basically like blockbusters only without the suck. I couldn't be happier, $23 pesos to rent a movie for 24 hours and no monthly fee. Not to mention they will deliver it within 15 minutes of calling during their hours of 10am and 1 am and will come pick it up the next day as well, all for no additional fee.

$23 pesos vs tearing my hair out and cursing fibertel, arnet and the putas que los parieron? I'd happily pay $23 pesos not to ever have to sync the subtitle track on my torrented movies ever again.

Why would you need to sync the subtitle?

Because, at least in my experience, most of the movies I download do not have the subtitle track pre synced if they have them at all. So I usually have to go to a site like allsubs.org to download the subs and then carefully sync them up in VLC. There is probably a better way I'm sure.

XBMC will allow you to source multiple subtitle files from multiple sites and sync with a very easy mechanism if necessary all whilst playing the video.

Most subtitle sites have a lot of different subtitle versions for each video. Match the information in the subtitle file and video file as close as you can (i.e., "...HDTV.XviD-LOL") Sometimes you may have to download a couple of different versions to get the right one. At least this is for Spanish subtitles I do for the family. I'd assume English subtitles would have as many versions as well. I never have to sync, use VLC player as well.

Most subtitle sites have a lot of different subtitle versions for each video. Match the information in the subtitle file and video file as close as you can (i.e., "...HDTV.XviD-LOL") Sometimes you may have to download a couple of different versions to get the right one. At least this is for Spanish subtitles I do for the family. I'd assume English subtitles would have as many versions as well. I never have to sync, use VLC player as well.

Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't because the movies and subtitles have passed through various hands before arriving on my hard drive. I did try to do that and often seemed to end up having to sync. Maybe because I'm not watching the most popular movies there are less subs available.

Either way for 1/2 the price of a latte I'm very happy with my movie delivery service.

OK, I think we have a quorum, please submit your movie nomination(s).

I nominate Rich's Man Facing Southeast and K-Pax as an optional add on (English language copy cat?)

I'm not sure if I should post torrent links here but I found it on Pirate Bay.

MV5BMTYxNDYzODUxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzU1NDM0MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091214/

Sounds like a good enough of a choice as any. Are we going to do this weekly?

Back