Let's Talk It Over.

Noesdeayer

Registered
Let's talk it over or as the Spanish put it¨,¨Hablando se entiende la gente¨is key to keep in mind when we are living in a participative democracy anywhere. I am presently in Bogota,Colombia and it would appear that people here have finally taken this to heart after more than 50 years of guerrilla-terrorist violence with narco connections.Everyone is saying La guerra.nunca mas¨---War Never More.I visit Colombia yearly and this time after the signing of the 2nd peace treaty with the FARC,they really mean it.The country continues to progress and the people,including the youth, are definitely hopeful for their future.
Will Raul Castro invite the Cuban people to talk their future over with him and the other hijos del poder who run Cuba like the East Germans used to¨? Let's hope so.Apparently people like Pierre Trudeau think that Cuba under Fidel was a working democracy. Really? Hmm?
In the US people will also have to accept to search for ways to work with Donald Trump.As difficult and unsavory that may seem to many myself included.You can´t always have it your own way even though you sincerely believe it's the best way.

Yeah, just like the republicons tried to accept and work with President Obama.
N

In the vote in Colombia to ratify the peace treaty the vote by the people was against the treaty. What it means that if a newly elected President in Colombia wants they can negate and cancel the treaty. My wife, Colombian, flew to Mexico City (where she lived and was registered to vote in Colombian elections) felt it was an important enough vote to spend the airfare to vote.

@tomatalki Obama was just as unwilling to compromise with the republicans as they were to him. That's all I'll say about that.

Anyone with the desire to become a politician should automatically be barred from ever being one....

Interesting comments all around.
I am now in Cartagena Colombia on the Carribean.
Re the 2nd peace treaty.Most people I speak to and they are many are in favor of peace.Watchimg a TV program Conversemos En Paz a young woman university student repeated a new slogan Encontremonos aun en la discordia Let.s all come together even in disscord.My impressiom is the majority of Colombians want to work it out.
Maybe in th US people will have to show more magnaminity as well with Trump for the country´s sake-.

Yeah, just like the republicons tried to accept and work with President Obama.
N

Is it your desire that the Democrats go for payback and do what they can to obstruct the Republicans? Even on issues where compromise is possible?

RepublicOns do not compromise, but blame everybody else for obstruction.
N

Not all Republicans are that obstinate.Although not living in the US,I can´t recall those who are more prone to comprimise.
However, a joint effort is a pressing imperative in the US,in Colombia and everywhere.
CONVERSEMOS en PAZ ! LET´S TALK IT OVER In PEACE !

Back