Life in Buenos Aires and something that I don't seem to understand

williamlew

Registered
I've been reading this forum for some time now and 95% of the threads seem to be expats talking about how much they hate it here, how disrespectful argies are and how much they miss American things.
Why not just go back?

Lots of expats either have a spouse whose job is here, or Argentine family, or they have invested in a property here and have to go about selling it to move back...

We don't hate it here, honestly!
Some of us are just trapped and pleasantly so :)

Another thing is life here is made easier through extended family and contacts and expats therefore have it a bit harder...plus we miss our mums!

williamlew said:
I've been reading this forum for some time now and 95% of the threads seem to be expats talking about how much they hate it here, how disrespectful argies are and how much they miss American things.
Why not just go back?

I bitch a LOT but I don't hate it. My wife is from here and her family is awesome! We have an apartment in Pinamar, a giant campo in Gualyguaychu and property in Bariloche. So I like it enough to live here...funny I rent my apt in Palermo (waiting for the prices to drop again before I buy in the city).

You're going to find asses in any country it just seems that they stand out a bit more in Argentina :)

I am one of the few that actually split my time between the states and Argentina so when I get to my boiling point here, I jump on a plane and fly back to the states.

Still, overall, not a bad place to live...it IS however, getting much worse.

steveinbsas said:
Those who aren't familiar with this saga should know how it ended.

A real estate agent I know recently posted thet HYT finally sold her property for $200K...a far cry from the original asking price of $300K and $10K less than invested.

Oh, [sigh], HYT....

Back