Line A: Renovation!

nicoenarg

Registered
http://www.buenosair...re-from-january

So it seems the City government has decided to get rid of rolling wooden boxes. That's the best news I've heard in a long time.

However, on the flip side, it seems the line's going to be closed for about 60 days...that is not that cool.

Anyway does anyone know what they are going to replace these wooden pieces of crap with and are they going to renovate the platforms and the tracks etc too?

PS: More info:

http://www.clarin.co..._836316444.html

So they finally listened to us! They are planning on putting some of this rolling wood as museum pieces and some as tourist attraction stuff around the city. I hope they would use whatever they earn from these pieces of crap to make the subway better. Replacing 95 cars with only 45 sounds like a bad idea to me but we'll see.

The work is mainly to upgrade the voltage on the line so the new trains can run. Full breakdown of the work here, including a picture of the new Chinese trains that will be replacing the wooden ones, although a few will be altered to the new voltage so they can run at weekends, details here.

I hope they can get this done but for some reason I think the national government and the unions will manage to make some big fuss about it that will halt renovation forever.

The voltage change explains the delay then, I assumed they'd been told by insurers or something that running the old trains was incredibly dangerous and they wouldn't be covered if anything happened.

Still 2 months without Linea A is going to be tough.

What happened to Industria Argentina! I demand to know why Cristina is taking jobs out of Argentine hands by buying imported subway trains!
:D

The voltage change explains the delay then, I assumed they'd been told by insurers or something that running the old trains was incredibly dangerous and they wouldn't be covered if anything happened.

What happened to Industria Argentina! I demand to know why Cristina is taking jobs out of Argentine hands by buying imported subway trains!

Apparently the City government got the subway system audited by a company that runs subways (or audits subways) in Barcelona. And all subway lines were below standards however the company said the rolling wood was a fire hazard and the breaks were ancient and that the line A standards were bullsh*t level so they decided to renovate it right when they got it.

National government of course can't stand it now because they had the subway under their control for years and all that happened to it was deterioration!

Better NEW Chinese cars than what former Minister of Transport Jaime purchased; out-of.service Spanish subte cars paying millions of Euros, to be refurbished here by Spanish mechanics...? The Cars never got to see the tracks, now rusting somewhere.

Better NEW Chinese cars than what former Minister of Transport Jaime purchased; out-of.service Spanish subte cars paying millions of Euros, to be refurbished here by Spanish mechanics...? The Cars never got to see the tracks, now rusting somewhere.

Apparently these were also bought a few years ago by Jaime.

http://www.perfil.com/contenidos/2008/11/05/noticia_0055.html

http://www.perfil.com/contenidos/2012/07/22/noticia_0018.html

So he bought trains from Spain and China, i wonder if they are all compatibile.

The old cars where great the first time I rode them. After the 3rd vertebrae shattering ride, the novelty had worn off. After the 15th, I started taking the 55.

Exactly! They are good as a tourist attraction. And I wouldn't mind if they started charging tourists $25-$50 pesos for a ride on these ancient cars. I live right by line A and take it pretty much everyday. Not going to miss these cars one bit.

Back