Linked Bank Accounts - Rentista

Jerbo

Registered
I went to the office in retiro today to renew my residencia rentista. I submitted all my documents through Radex, then received an appointment to go down there.

The guy told me I needed to prove that my bank account in the US that received the passive income was linked to an Argentine bank account and that the passive income was transferred down here to that Argentine account.

I have already talked with my bank in the US about this. They won't link to a foreign bank account.

Anyone else who has a residencia rentista, how did you meet this requirement? To show a link between a foreign bank account and an Argentine bank account and prove that the money flowed from the foreign bank account to the Argentine bank account? Thanks.

I went to the office in retiro today to renew my residencia rentista. I submitted all my documents through Radex, then received an appointment to go down there.

The guy told me I needed to prove that my bank account in the US that received the passive income was linked to an Argentine bank account and that the passive income was transferred down here to that Argentine account.

I have already talked with my bank in the US about this. They won't link to a foreign bank account.

Anyone else who has a residencia rentista, how did you meet this requirement? To show a link between a foreign bank account and an Argentine bank account and prove that the money flowed from the foreign bank account to the Argentine bank account? Thanks.
Check this out....Transferwise you can send from Us --->transferwise-->buy pesos -->deposit in your local bank here...all online low fees,and have a paper trail to prove

We applied for a Rentista visa through our local Argentinian consulate when were still living in the US in 2016. We were told to open an account in the States (and upon our move one in Argentina) with either Citibank or HSBC, because those were the only two banks with a presence in both countries. Citibank was about to stop doing personal banking in Argentina. HSBC didn't make a lot of sense to us either because the US and Argentine HSBC banks are separate entities, and transferring money between the two would be like transferring it between two banks not under the same general umbrella. We did open an account with HSBC in the US. After our move a couple of months later, I went to HSBC on Callao, and not knowing better, I asked for a checking account. They said they couldn't open me one because we had no source of income in the country and they didn't offer me a savings account. I then went to Banco Provincia where they did offer us a savings account, and I would, not monthly (as we had been told to do), but quarterly transfer the money. The next year we got a retiree visa, so I don't know if they would have accepted those quarterly transfers into the BP account. All that is to say that I would open an account with HSBC here and in the US- you can open the US one over the phone- and transfer the money that way. I would imagine though that they don't really care if it's the same bank or if the accounts are linked as long as you can prove that the transfers were made.

Back