Living In A House Versus Living In A Apartment

Ceviche

Registered
Suddenly I am craving to live in one of the many beautiful houses available in BA.

Budget is not an issue.

Issue is security and the fact that I live alone and travel a lot.

How can I negate the security issues? Will installing cameras or alarm suffice?

Or am I in my situation better off living in a building?

==

And what about the infamous electricity, gas and water problems almost every forum member seems to have? How does one negate that when living in a house here?

Any personal experiences?

I also wanted to live in a house I saw some great petit hotels which were fantastic but as I live alone and travel a lot, I for security reasons ONLY opted for a flat!

Suddenly I am craving to live in one of the many beautiful houses available in BA.

Budget is not an issue.

Issue is security and the fact that I live alone and travel a lot.

How can I negate the security issues? Will installing cameras or alarm suffice?

Or am I in my situation better off living in a building?

==

And what about the infamous electricity, gas and water problems almost every forum member seems to have? How does one negate that when living in a house here?

Any personal experiences?
Stick with the building. There are far too many incidents of people returning to an empty house.

One option is to use a "house sitter" when you are out of town. This person would not necessarily have to stay there, but drop in once a day or so to give the appearance that the place is not empty when you are out.

A house for sure!! and house sitters are easy to find. Apartments are awful for us who lived in big homes.....if you are used to a home or townhouse to say the least. Unfortunately I live in an apartment.

I would buy me a place at Barrio Ingles, a true gem, however I spend a few months in and out of BA for now.

Feel creepy asking a stranger to live in your house *house sitter*. maybe they will end up using yr bed and things.

What are the going rates for a house sitter.

Feel creepy asking a stranger to live in your house *house sitter*. maybe they will end up using yr bed and things.

What are the going rates for a house sitter.

It all depends if you want a live in sitter or just a person that is in an out. i would rather have someone from abroad, a professor etc, who will gladly housesit and pay you a fee. You could also do Airbnb, I use it a lot, and to get someone to open the door and be available in a case something happens i have known some nomads who do this a lot.

Find a house with a dormitorio para servicio and rent out the extra bedroom and bath to a student who will be there most of the time. Make your own rules regarding the use of the rest of the house. In my apartment, for example, you get lock off the whole service area so they can't enter your living quarters. Or rent out a third floor that has a back staircase.
Also a nanny cam or closed circuit camera system should let you know if someone uninvited has been sleeping in your bed and eating your porridge!

> Budget is not an issue.

What a wonderful way to be! I'm jealous!

(nothing useful to contribute to the thread, just couldn't let that pass without pointing out my green eyes!)

Back