Living in BA. A breakdown of what I spend for a life I love.

The article promotes this great city for young people. I've been doing the same on my blog and YouTube for seniors. It's better to get information from someone who has lived years in the city, than from a one-time tourist who knows very little.

does anyone agree with these numbers? e.g. 18.000peso for groceries per month?
note the date of article is Sep 15, 2022

does anyone agree with these numbers? e.g. 18.000peso for groceries per month?
note the date of article is Sep 15, 2022
18000 pesos per month for groceries seems reasonable, I don't have exactly comparable figures, but vegetable, fruit and eggs for 2 people in La Monumental works out at around 5-6000 per week depending on what you buy exactly. Out of season and imported fruit is more expensive. You can pay more for organic fruit and vegetables (El Tallo Verde or La Palta Sagrada), I think that would come to around 9000 per week, again for 2 people. A week's supply of chicken and pork from Ovo comes to around 3-4000 pesos for two. Beef costs more, but we'd buy that only for a BBQ maybe 1-2 times per month. My wine budget is probably more than for most people so I won't go into that :) Otherwise our food needs are sporadic, buy coffee, spices, vinegar, olive oil every 6-8 weeks. We do a lot of cooking at home.

In summary, I guess excluding wine we pay 5000 per person per week to eat really well at home, not too far from the figure mentioned. I thought the article was fairly accurate, obviously from someone who's here in BA, not like the one by the clueless git who figures beef is served on skewers and the Kirchners are Jewish.

That lady is probably vegetarian. Could explain lower food prices. Veggies are cheap

18000 pesos per month for groceries seems reasonable, I don't have exactly comparable figures, but vegetable, fruit and eggs for 2 people in La Monumental works out at around 5-6000 per week depending on what you buy exactly. Out of season and imported fruit is more expensive. You can pay more for organic fruit and vegetables (El Tallo Verde or La Palta Sagrada), I think that would come to around 9000 per week, again for 2 people. A week's supply of chicken and pork from Ovo comes to around 3-4000 pesos for two. Beef costs more, but we'd buy that only for a BBQ maybe 1-2 times per month. My wine budget is probably more than for most people so I won't go into that :) Otherwise our food needs are sporadic, buy coffee, spices, vinegar, olive oil every 6-8 weeks. We do a lot of cooking at home.

In summary, I guess excluding wine we pay 5000 per person per week to eat really well at home, not too far from the figure mentioned. I thought the article was fairly accurate, obviously from someone who's here in BA, not like the one by the clueless git who figures beef is served on skewers and the Kirchners are Jewish.

Your Expense Budget estimate, is fairly acurate for someone that eats meat once or twice a week..!

Back