Living in BsAs with a 3-year old.

Ryan S

Registered
I lived in BsAs back in 2008 for 3 years.
Thinking about moving back for a couple years (but now with a family), My wife would like to study at UBA, however we have a baby 11mo and a 3year old. What's life look like down there now in 2018 and does anyone have any experience with expat kids in the school? Thx

I'd recommend searching the forum as this question gets asked somewhat often in different forms. The general answer is if you need to make money in the local ec9nomy to support your family, you're gonna have a bad time (seriously, don't think you're gonna have different results) If you can get work remotely and earn a US salary you can do alright. But you'll still have to deal with Argentina issues (you may be prepared, but wife/kids might not be), plus the whole residency issue. As far as kids in school I don't have any experience. However most say you will want to put them in private school of you want them to have a good education, which means more money.

My only advice is with respect to your wife studying at UBA. I recently started my master’s at UBA (I did my bachelor’s at Yale) and the bureaucratic side has been a challenge, to say the least. UBA didn’t recognize my Yale degree/transcript at face value - they wanted to have credits converted to hours (which wasn’t really possible given completely different pedagogical approaches between the two institutions). In the end, it seems I’ve been able to sort it out, but it was quite a process, and an uncertain one at that. Reply here if you want me to expand on this. Good luck!

Back