Locals also get ripped off from time to time

nativexpat

Registered
I just got charged 10 pesos for printing ONE photo in one of those Kodak machines at Paseo Alcorta!!!! A regular 10 X 15 cm photo!!!!

I just went there and did not think of checking out the price... I have printed photos in other Kodak machines and assumed that it would be 2 pesos tops per print....

I print my photo, go to the cashier and the girl says "10 pesos"

WHAT????? 10 pesos for a single print? She says, well yeah, in fact, you can get 2 pictures for 10 pesos... The prices are posted on each machine... " (which is true, but hey, it is like buying a small water bottle and not checking out the price - it can go from 3 to 6 pesos, but never 15!!!)

All I could say to the girl was "you guys don't need to post prices, you need a warning sign in red at the entrance!"...

En fin.... no big deal .... 10 pesos is not much, but it is still UN ROBO for a single print....

I know you are not going to like this answer, but me, as a business owner, knows what supplies and overhead costs and how the merchant's costs can simply go up 50% or more from one day to the next happens all the time.

For example, just between this month and last month these are the increases I've had to deal with:
Those plastic bags that everybody gets from the supermarket (but some charge for now) cost $0.04 cents, this month they are now $0.09 cents each.
Monthly bank account maintenance fee went from $128,00 per month to $188,00.
Accountant's montly fee went from $400,00 to $550,00 per month.
Filters for air conditioner, went from $40,00 each to $75,00 each.
Exterminator fee went from $70,00 to $120,00 per month.
Wrapping paper went from $100,00 per roll to $150,00 per roll.
Energy efficient light bulbs went from $16,00 to $25,00 each.
and rent went from $3,100 to $3,660.
So do you think businesses can stay afloat without having to up their prices?
I get great inside information from my suppliers, and from what they are telling me, prices are going to increase another 50% before the end of the year.......

Back