Locals Fight Off Israeli Invasion.

jeff1234

Registered
Group of Jewish backpackers tortured for hours in Argentinian hostel by locals who chanted they were 'trying to take over Patagonia'
  • The group of Israeli tourists were subjected to attack in southern Argentina
  • Locals beat and robbed them as they occupied the hostel for four hours
  • Ten Jewish backpackers were wounded in the anti-Semitic attack
  • Unable to control the situation, police had to withdraw from the scene

http://www.dailymail...-Patagonia.html

This is terrible. But it is what happens when one fan the flames or xenophobia and racism. You never know to which direction the wind will blow the flames towards.

This is terrible. But it is what happens when one fan the flames or xenophobia and racism. You never know to which direction the wind will blow the flames towards.
Bullshit
I wouldnt be surprised if this was sent by the government or their iranias friends,has nothing to do with " racism"

This is political,nothing to do with the fabled " racism"

6 policemen were attacked, one of them almost killed, and someone's calling government conspiracy?

Of course its racism. The people responsible for organizing campaigns like this need to be sought out and put away for the rest of their useless lives. The Jewish community in Patagonia should be out in full force engaging with the larger community and showing they are an integral portion of the community fabric that belong there as much as the next person.

6 policemen were attacked, one of them almost killed, and someone's calling government conspiracy?

Of course its racism. The people responsible for organizing campaigns like this need to be sought out and put away for the rest of their useless lives. The Jewish community in Patagonia should be out in full force engaging with the larger community and showing they are an integral portion of the community fabric that belong there as much as the next person.

You surely know your demographics

I don't think there's a very large Jewish community in Patagonia proper and, in fact, this was targeted specifically at Israeli tourists (about whom many Patagonians on both side of the border are ambivalent because the Israelis spend relatively little money and often try to bargain for rooms, even in hostels). It's worth noting that there have been some really crazy theories about the creation of a Jewish state in Patagonia, such as http://www.asalbuchi.com.ar/2010/10/argentina-targeted-by-world-government-danger-over-patagonia/

In the late 1970s, when I was hitchhiking through Patagonia, I and a young Israeli got a lift from Gallegos with a very pleasant Argentine man, but we had documents checked in Puerto San Julián and got taken to the police station simply because he was Israeli. He spoke little Spanish, so I had to serve as translator for questions such as "Where was your mother born?" and "Where was your father born?" and had to relay answers while excluding comments such as "Tell these assholes..." Eventually they let us all go, but it was not a pleasant experience.

So it is indeed racism, and I would hope the police get reinforcements and bust the perpetrators. It's worth noting that Puelo is in Chubut province, far from any other locality except for El Bolsón, which is part of Río Negro, so it may not be easy to get those reinforcements.

Back