Lockdown set for extension beyond May 10

9 May 2020

Quarantine in CABA: point by point, Larreta explained what the new stage will be like after AF's announcement to extend the quarantine until May 24, relaxed in the rest of the country but still in AMBA, the head of BA gov't gave all the details and precision on how it will be in CABA....
Step by step....

Update....quarantine extended thru June 28th....
5 June 2020
Coronavirus in Argentina: running without face masks and other exercises enabled in the City
Following the announcement by President Alberto Fernández of the 21-day extension of the quarantine, the head of the Government of the City of Buenos Aires Horacio Rodríguez Larreta today gave details of the changes in the new phase of the quarantine, which includes permission to carry out physical activity in public spaces.

Outings to run will be allowed at night (from 8:00pm to 8:00am), seven days a week. "This way we avoid the agglomeration of persons that is, in short, the greatest cause of contagion," Larreta said at the press conference at the Parque Patricios headquarters.
The City government confirmed that the measure will take effect beginning Monday.
The deputy head of the Buenos Aires government, Diego Santilli, pointed out in an interview with the TN News channel that today you could run: "We are going to run, as it is 8:00pm to 8:00am in the morning, we are not objecting. Because at 8 pm there are no people in the city. Persons are at home"....

Less demanding exercises are also contemplated as physical activity, such as walking or riding a bicycle or rollers, for which the mandatory use of the mask is maintained .

As LA NACION had anticipated, physical activity will be authorized individually or accompanied by up to one other person in a perimeter close to their private home. The City government specified that transportation by car or public transportation to exercise is not allowed.

A minimum distance of two meters must be kept from other people who are exercising. In this instance, the activity in training groups or the use of aerobic posts will not be considered, despite the fact that teachers and referents in the sector had presented a protocol last month to start the meetings.

"We are going to strengthen security in large parks, especially for the safety of women, who are more vulnerable to crime, " Larreta added during the press conference.

Some good news.

8 pm, I don't expect many Argentines to come out as it is too cold for their delicate bodies. Win Win for all.

Can I assume I cannot change apartments this weekend???
Why not?

16 May 2020
Move-ins were enabled in the city of Buenos Aires
With an intense movement of trucks and freight, the first move-in enabled day began. They can only be done on weekends.....

I assume moving from BA to another less restricted province isn't allowed at this time. Is that correct? Have long distance buses resumed transportation between provinces?

Why not?

16 May 2020
Move-ins were enabled in the city of Buenos Aires
With an intense movement of trucks and freight, the first move-in enabled day began. They can only be done on weekends.....

I sent this link to the new owner who stopped me before. He works for the government. And thank you.

....Have long distance buses resumed transportation between provinces?
Not yet via long distance buses. But one may inquire as to what are the requirements for hiring a private car with chauffeur.
While the Embassy cannot endorse any specific company to reach Buenos Aires, several private transportation options remain available for overland travel, including:
Remises Universal; +54 011 4991-5146
Travel Line; +54 011 6038-5785
Aires Argentinos; +54 011 4413-8400 and +54 011 6671-3711
Limay Travel (Bariloche); +54-9-294-469-7475.

Back