Long Overstay (11 Months) Advice

SwapnilMindhe

Registered
Hi guys,

I have overstayed by 11 months and was wondering if anybody had experience with an overstay of this length of time (most cases I am aware of/read of have been under two weeks) and if special rules apply for an overstay of this length.

Any advice would be great as I am leaving within 3 weeks and just want to ensure I pay what I need to and don't have any issues when boarding my flight at EZ. Also, if anybody is aware of the process to pay in advance of the airport that would be great as I prefer paying the fee in that way and I am aware you can pay upto 10 days before you leave.

Cheers,
Swap

No problem related to the length of your overstay. 2 days or 2 years are the same to them.

I overstayed my 90 "welcome" in April.
At the airline check in counter, I was sent to the "Banco de la Ciudad" to pay $1500 (pesos !, pesos !).This was a bit difficult to locate. The line (I hate the word queue) of tourists wanting to exchange their currency for pesos was endless. I was able to get to the front of the line If I didn't get to the front of the line, fast and furiously I would have missed my flight. I went back to the check in counter and didn't have to wait.
It's possible to do this at a government building near the Retiro, but it probably wouldn't be a fun experience. I paid $1500 in April, not sure if it's still this amount.Credit cards? Perhaps?. Give yourself plenty of time
Bon voyage.

There is no wait at retiro. Bring passport and cash.

Back