Long shot....

Johnno

Registered
Okay guys - here it is...

I've just realized its a long weekend - and that most shops will be closed...

NOW - birthday for my girlfriend is tomorrow and what I need to still manage is this:

1. Present (main one) is still not bought (hoping to get her some really good boots)

2. Need shisha (hookah) supplies

3. Need booze...

What are my chances for doing this all tonight or at the latest tomorrow ?

Hopefully somewhere close to Belgrano...

Like I said - its a long shot - but I thought I would try anyway...

Thanks in advance,

John.

As for boots, I would suggest that you tell her you are going to take her to get custom boots made at Casa de las Botas. I have 2 pair from there and they're great. Plus as they are custom she has to go with you to get measured, so then it doesn't appear so much as if you're procrastinating!

Thanks guys - I think you've given me a game plan that MIGHT just keep me out of the sh*t :) There is a Coto close by - so if Jumbo is open then maybe Coto is too - which means the booze for the party should be sorted - and yes - I'll go the ''custom boots'' idea Jen - I think I have a plan :) Many thanks... PS Expensive dinner - yes - that will be my insurance policy ;)

As for the shisha supplies ... I recall waiting for a bus on Scalabrini Ortiz (intersection with Gorriti or maybe Honduras) and standing by an Arabic-themed shop ... they had shishas on display...

Thanks nativeexpat - Bond Street in Callou is the main place I know (its where I bought the shisha from) - the trick would be to find anything open now - but if worst comes to worst we can make do without the shisha tomorrow (it was one of my GF's birthday presents - she's always wanted one :) lol

What can I say? I gave her this present early and about a dozen of us have managed to smoke through most of the double apple and fruit and chocomint tobacco and used up most of the coal (which is the critical thing we are running low on :) lol

Regular parilla coal will do in a pinch you just have to light it on a stove

Well if you need all of these so desperatly and if you're close goto DOT shopping. They have a Wallmart for the booze, on the second floor nearly next to KEL you can buy supplies for your Shisha and then there's loads of shops you can buy boots.

Thanks guys - managed to stock up on booze in Coto - the party tomorrow is going to be large though - probably end up with 20 or more people in the apartment - I'll do another booze run in the morning when I sober up and fortunately my Silvia has got all the cakes and pastries made that she wanted to make and the most amazing Matambre and other goodies for eating - including empanadas of course (she has about 3 types of empanadas she makes - the fried ones are awesome :)

Its going to be a great day :)

Back