Long term expats in their 30s

sivan

Registered
Hi, I have been living here for almost 6 years and I only really seem to meet college age kids that are passing through or the "older" crowd. I am 28 and married and was wondering if there were any other expats out there who are in their late 20s, or 30s who are here for the long haul? Apologies if this post offends anyone - just looking for other people who are in the same life stage!

You've chosen an unusual life, when you make such choices it is natural you will be mostly alone. You walk a path that is not heavily trafficked. Partly because you are living here in the stage of life when most people are building a career, a nest egg, a home, a family, and most people do their traveling/expat experience, if at all, before or after that stage.
That isn't a judgment by the way, I live here too, though at 47 am too old for you, my partner isn't, but he lives with me.
I know a number of people in that age group. Though I recognize their rarity. Most of our friends are from 30-50, with the largest portion being around my boyfriend's age, 35ish...
Good luck

Hi Silvan

I live the unusual life and fit into the thirties bracket, have been here for 4 years and Im here for the longhaul...so send me a pm if you want to meet sometime.

I think that most expats that came in the 2005-2008 time frame and have stayed are in close to there 30's. They are there but I assume they mostly are living the 'Argentine' life by now

I'm 30, married to a local and have been living in Argentina for almost 6 years now. It would be interesting to meet up and compare notes :) PM me if you'd like.

Margaux

Yep. I'm in my 30s, came here alone (am still single) and been here for about 3 years and will be here until..well, who knows. No plans on leaving just yet unless work mandates it. I'm living in Canitas area and work at home doing consulting.

Would be great to meet other expats in the same age range :)

I´d be up for this too! Been here for 4 years, also in my 30s, recently ended my relationship with an Argentine, so looking to get myself back out there and make new friends. :)

Keep me posted!

I am in my 30's and here by myself been here for about 3 year. Have no plans to leave, have no plans to stay. I just am.

I am also up for coffee and whatnot.

Ok so there seems to be a few of us. Id like to organise a lunch or dinner one weekend so we can all meet each other. Spouses are of course welcome! If anyone is interested please email me on [email protected].
Looking forward to meeting all of you. :)

Back