Long Weekend Getaways In Argentina

rrptownley

Registered
There have been several threads on where to go to spend a few days away from Capital within Argentina.

Due to distances involved many of the traditional tourist spots in Argentina are unreachable with few days' itinerary. I stumbled upon a Taringa thread, in Spanish, that contains concise information on the options available to the weekend getaway traveller.

Que hace este find de semana largo?

Ojo, the prices and other information are 5 years old.

I like going to Santiago de Chile for long weekends. It's refreshing to be in a country where everything works and people won't snatch your phone for a change.
Also, you can buy (and sell) dollars freely - what a thrill!

I like going to Santiago de Chile for long weekends. It's refreshing to be in a country where everything works and people won't snatch your phone for a change.
Also, you can buy (and sell) dollars freely - what a thrill!

In that case, why not live there, permanently?

This is what I miss about not living in Europe. I often go for long weekends(even short ones) to Berlin, Vienna, Munich, Dresden , Bidapest and more as all are within a few hrs on public transport from Prague and the fares are very cheap
I go with special deals to Munich from Prague to Munich for 18euros return and about 25euros return to Budapest
But we are here in BA so Uruguay, maybe Chile and places in the country are the only feasble options. I love Rosario, they say it's dangerous but I have never had a problem YET!

Colon and nearby Parque El Palmar (national park full of palm trees) are places I've been wanting to check out... Tandil too. thoughts?

I have been to Colon and quite enjoyed my 2 nights there . while there we went to el palmar also
Tandil is also nice for a few days Been there, too!
Without a car, some nearby places are hard to reach but we managed it All get thumbs up from me!

Back